Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Glass dining table

Am I crazy for even thinking about it? It’s 1/2” tempered glass.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Glass dining table

Maybe some good silicone would hold it down?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

One wrong wave and it’s gone.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

We had this one on our aft deck and did 6,000 miles of the Great Loop with it just like that. No support or screws holding the table and no glue holding the top on. The heavy ratten table legs extended almost as wide as the top. It only fell over once after dozens of heavy wave incidents and the tempered glass top was never damaged. We did have Naiad stabilizers.The chairs had lockable rollers.Aft Deck.jpg
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 05-23-2020 at 10:13 AM.

On the 1987 Hatteras 63 that I'm staging for sale - if there's space after the 2 chairs I'm adding in the deck house there will be a new dining table and 4 chairs. My plan is for a round glass top table. On a Naiad Stabilized boat, why not?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thanks we talked me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonchalant1 View Post
    We had this one on our aft deck and did 6,000 miles of the Great Loop with it just like that. No support or screws holding the table and no glue holding the top on. The heavy ratten table legs extended almost as wide as the top. It only fell over once after dozens of heavy wave incidents and the tempered glass top was never damaged. We did have Naiad stabilizers.The chairs had lockable rollers.Attachment 40459
    I've had this same table on my boat for the last 17 years. I've only lifted the glass off for safety during heavy seas twice. But we are stabilized.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI