Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Who had an electronic pressure sensor solution?

I have an issue with an outboard motor that requires fuel pressure sensing while running at maximum speed by myself. This Yahama motor (F225C) does not have a fuel pressure sensor so my YDS 1.33 software cannot help me here. I seem to remember someone here talking about remote AC pressure sensing, possibly with smartphone wireless monitoring. I am looking for a sensor to screw on to the fuel rail schrader that can either give me a pair of wires and a gauge 10 feet away or a wireless output and an app. Can anyone send me in the right direction? It does not need to be medical grade accurate and I would like to keep the cost down. The target pressure is 45 psi and its gasoline.

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Re: Who had an electronic pressure sensor solution?

I would think something like this would work. Doesn’t say if compatible with gas. Or try Speedhut.com.

https://www.amazon.com/MaxTow-Double...%2C168&sr=8-18
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Is this a permanent install or something just used for testing?

If temp testing, just use a mechanical gauge and run small tube.

Permanent wired? You can use almost any pressure transducer, but you got to be able to read the electric data back to useful units. A simple volt or ohm meter could work.....HYPOTHETICAL: as long as needle says at 5.6volts (corresponds to 45psi) you are good.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I didn’t want to change the original gauges or layout on my 68 41TC. So I added a Mahohany “pedestal” off to the side of the helm to house a Maretron NMEA display and my VHF. To get Input data I went with the Albí-Combo it’s got programmable inputs for either voltage (pressure) or resistive (temp) I now monitor the generator temp and oil pressure, trans temps and pressures, engine oil temps, and buss voltage. I used stainless E Bay pressure senders that I have had good luck with.. PM me if you want more info, happy to share

Quote Originally Posted by tonytrakovich View Post
    I would think something like this would work. Doesn’t say if compatible with gas. Or try Speedhut.com.

https://www.amazon.com/MaxTow-Double...%2C168&sr=8-18
    I had to lengthen the cable to the sensor bu then it worked like a champ. Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"