Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Starboard trim tab unresponsive

Im going through some final checks noticed the starboard trim tabIs unresponsive. No noise when switch is pressed or movement. Port trim tab works fine. I assume there both run by the same motor under aft deck. Any ideas?

Re: Starboard trim tab unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by Hopffc2003 View Post
    Im going through some final checks noticed the starboard trim tabIs unresponsive. No noise when switch is pressed or movement. Port trim tab works fine. I assume there both run by the same motor under aft deck. Any ideas?
    Depending on the system, you didn't mention which brand/model you have, it could be on separate solenoids. We know for sure they are on different switches, and also lockouts are involved, usually at the switch level.

Probe the back of the switch with a multi-meter after you locate a wiring diagram for your particular model/unit and you should be able to troubleshoot from there.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

if the switches have the same feel / clicking, probably the solenoid.

Hello, I thought there was an issue with my tabs and was reasdy to get the meter out when I realized they only worked with the ignition key on. Just a suggestion, not to be facetious.

Walt Hoover