Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kudos for Groco

jim rosenthal Guest

kudos for Groco

Last week, as I was getting ready to move onto my boat for a week, my freshwater pump quit. It is a Groco WSP-80, about a year old. Groco replaced it for free last year as an previous Groco system stopped working with a blown electric motor.
    I called Groco at 4pm on a Friday afternoon. A guy named Don said he would be out shortly and see if he could fix it. Keep in mind that although Groco is a local company, the pump was purchased through a dealer in Annapolis.
    "Don" turned out to be the owner of the company, Don Gross. The problem was an airlock in the pump, and following burping it, it worked faultlessly the entire week. I am very much impressed with the fact that the chief and owner of the entire outfit would take the time to help someone with one of their products especially at such an inconvenient time. They make good stuff, they also back it up, and I will try to use their products in the future whenever I have a choice.

spartonboat1 Guest

Groco- "The Vision Thing"

I have had occasion to work with Groco and they are tireless to talk you through the technical issues, so you understand what you need and why. They fit my vision of what type of gear you want on your Hatt for reliability and long life, we hope to embed into these boats. You have no idea how unimpressed I am with all the major companies who have come to rely on "brand" management, after they walked away from what the brand stood for.

If it ain't stainless, brass, or bronze gear, my interest is limited.

A rant for Groco...