Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Fuel Lines--What a PIA

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Actual hose brand ? Thanks, Edward
    Aeroquip FC234, type A, USCG

Since I had to remove the shutdown solenoid to gain access, I added this small detail to the fuel shutoff return spring.

IMG_1606.jpg
    Installed some heat shrink to cushion the spring hooks since that's where they tend to break. Maybe helps, maybe not.
    Last edited by racclarkson@gmail.com; 04-28-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Good thing you have a hose shop like that near you. When I was in LA none of them carried any USCG fire rated line but knew what the fittings were but had to order. They tried to sell me similar hose which was for brake line but it was black without fire stamp. Hopefully I can find a good shop since I have moved. I did find the hose online by the foot or roll but no fittings. Luckily the re-usable fittings were able to be reused

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Actual hose brand ? Thanks, Edward
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Good thing you have a hose shop like that near you. When I was in LA none of them carried any USCG fire rated line but knew what the fittings were but had to order. They tried to sell me similar hose which was for brake line but it was black without fire stamp. Hopefully I can find a good shop since I have moved. I did find the hose online by the foot or roll but no fittings. Luckily the re-usable fittings were able to be reused
    Well the shop was pushing a black ‘just as good’ hose as well. It was half the price per foot but, as you say, not rated. I have used it for oil lines for mechanical gauges, however.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Aeroquip FC234, type A, USCG

Since I had to remove the shutdown solenoid to gain access, I added this small detail to the fuel shutoff return spring.

Attachment 39945
    Installed some heat shrink to cushion the spring hooks since that's where they tend to break. Maybe helps, maybe not.
    Mr. Clarkson, I thought for sure that was blood and you were donating again.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Mr. Clarkson, I thought for sure that was blood and you were donating again. Walt Hoover
    SOP last step for any job on Aslan is cleaning up the blood. This particular job saw significantly less upper arm and leg lacerations while hand and forearm hemorrhaging yielded commensurate increases. It’s a zero sum game with me. But thanks for the concern. Very thoughtful.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    SOP last step for any job on Aslan is cleaning up the blood. This particular job saw significantly less upper arm and leg lacerations while hand and forearm hemorrhaging yielded commensurate increases. It’s a zero sum game with me. But thanks for the concern. Very thoughtful.
    Don't want those clotting factors to clog the bilge pumps.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I can't seem to do anything in the engineroom or other enclosed space without giving blood. A lower galley cabinet got me good last season. I can generally scratch a check without too much bloodshed so nowdays that is my primary "go to".
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I'm sure if a Hatteras owner is ever found dead in the engine space devoid of all blood it will be natural causes!

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    I'm sure if a Hatteras owner is ever found dead in the engine space devoid of all blood it will be natural causes!
    Nah, it will be counted as a KungFlu death because owner was ignoring the "lock down". It helps the narrative, lets media scare people, and allows for more $$ to be collected from the federal government.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Nah, it will be counted as a KungFlu death because owner was ignoring the "lock down". It helps the narrative, lets media scare people, and allows for more $$ to be collected from the federal government.
    Let no good death go to waste
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present