Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices

Re: Prices

Would seem logical to me that demand for this class of boats is likely to increase, not decrease.

I had a closing yesterday. We expect another to close by the end of the week. I wrote a deal yesterday and one of my brokers got a deal signed and deposit in, also yesterday. Believe what you want. When the lights come back on I expect to be even busier.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

If you want to steal something - go car shopping!
    Eric

NNo car shopping in Wa. State, only medical and essentials allowed now to purchase autos in Wa. new order from Gov.

My MB ML 320 bluetec was terminal, so a new/used car was medically necessary for me. Here in the People's Republic of MD I was still able to get it done. I shopped online, then wrapped in latex, masked and slathered in hand sanitizer went to the dealership (with an appointment) and 12 hours later (shortest required time for a car purchase) I drove the new to me car directly home to my garage.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 04-15-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    My MB ML 320 bluetec was terminal, so a new/used car was medically necessary for me. Here in the People's Republic of MD I was still able to get it done. I shopped online, then wrapped in latex, masked and slathered in hand sanitizer went to the dealership (with an appointment) and 12 hours later (shortest required time for a car purchase) I drove the new to me car directly home to my garage.
    Don't think I've even been to a dealership. When I buy a new vehicle, they just deliver it to my door and I sign the papers in MY office, not theirs. Its amazing what they will do to sell a car if you tell them how to do it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Don't think I've even been to a dealership. When I buy a new vehicle, they just deliver it to my door and I sign the papers in MY office, not theirs. Its amazing what they will do to sell a car if you tell them how to do it.
    I've always bought my new cars this way here in the state of MD. I have never been to the a dealership either.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    If you want to steal something - go car shopping!
    I don’t see any great bargains on cars. Used or new?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    How can a new boat possibly be dropped in price by almost half?
    Hi Firebird:

The new boat building business is at times like a game of musical chairs. The builder has to sell the current boat (sometimes at a loss) to generate enough cash flow to pay his suppliers or labor in order to finish another vessel under construction.

This is a vicious circle.

Spin

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Hi Firebird:

The new boat building business is at times like a game of musical chairs. The builder has to sell the current boat (sometimes at a loss) to generate enough cash flow to pay his suppliers or labor in order to finish another vessel under construction.

This is a vicious circle.

Spin
    Hi Spundraft,

It’s hard for me to conceive a dealer taking a $500K hit (guesstimate) on that boat just to generate cash flow. Most dealers aren’t paying cash for their inventory, which makes it even more difficult to comprehend. It’s easy to see how an individual would take a hit on selling a used boat, and I know for fact that’s happening now.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93