Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices

Prices

Will prices crash on older Hatteras motor yachts ?

Re: Prices

I'd buy now. With the lower fuel cost I see prices jumping up quickly.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

You mean worse than they already were?

I was offered a 67 foot custom sportfish today for probably $1 mil less than it was worth 6 weeks ago, settlement needs to be in 7 days or less. Unfortunately it was still way out of my league. Just the first of many......
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Given the current pandemic, it's a buyers market on pretty much anything that floats.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Certain boats will definitely be on fire sale, kinda like the one Cricket mentioned. Some people are unaffected (at least for the moment) financially from this mess, others incomes and retirements basically evaporated/vanished right in front of their eyes.

Seems like I've seen lots of oil money boats going up for sale lately, several at deep discounts. The older hats are probably already fairly deeply depressed before all this started. But at the end of the day a good boat that's well maintained and updated will still bring a premium price UNLESS the owner has to move the boat TODAY and then the price will drop accordingly. But when this happens you have to be ready to jump on the deal with cash, most fire sale boats don't hang around long enough for people to finance.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

One thing is sure nothing is going to sell in the next two or three months depending on how long this mass hysteria goes on. After that it will depend on how things rebound. Unless we see a rapid sharp recovery, boat values will be in gutter for a while.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

According to my broker here in NY market went dead day all this this started. This is busy time of year - end of February brokerage firm getting about about 30 calls a day, now lucky to get one. Told me just other day they had deal in works with very wealthy client they had been working on past 5 months for a brand new high performance 53' center console with 4 outboards for 2.3 million. They offered it to him for 1.4 million last week and said he just couldn't 'engage' given current state of market. Supposedly buyer tons of money in bank, but to him just didn't feel right. Anyway, thought I had picked the right year to sell my 43DC, guess not. I've dropped price from $70k to $60k and probably need to drop to $50k just to get a bite.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Boat surveys have slowed way down but have not stopped completely. I am still do a couple per week, however I do not allow anyone to be onboard with me and we can’t do haul outs do to the yards being closed. Insurance companies are accepting divers reports with video for the bottoms, something they hardly ever did before. I have to review the videos and make comments. I actually am surprised at the number of sales that are occurring. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I actually am surprised at the number of sales that are occurring. John
    I have talked to several boat dealers/reps over the last week or so and I'm surprised at how many sales are being made.

On a side note, during this downturn we got the wife a new suv and I know of 2 other people who have purchased new vehicles in the last few weeks. So some money is moving, just not as much as usual.

One of my business is chugging along with no cash flow interruptions (yet). The other went from a record jan/feb to ABSOLUTE ZERO halfway through feb. The orders quit coming in, the phones quit ringing, just completely shut off. Over the last week orders have started trickling in and the phones have started ringing again.

Crazy how business works like that... A great case study of the need for diversification in business.
    Last edited by rustybucket; 04-15-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    According to my broker here in NY market went dead day all this this started. This is busy time of year - end of February brokerage firm getting about about 30 calls a day, now lucky to get one. Told me just other day they had deal in works with very wealthy client they had been working on past 5 months for a brand new high performance 53' center console with 4 outboards for 2.3 million. They offered it to him for 1.4 million last week and said he just couldn't 'engage' given current state of market. Supposedly buyer tons of money in bank, but to him just didn't feel right. Anyway, thought I had picked the right year to sell my 43DC, guess not. I've dropped price from $70k to $60k and probably need to drop to $50k just to get a bite.
    How can a new boat possibly be dropped in price by almost half?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93