Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Prices

Re: Prices

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Regarding boat prices, I thought I would post this as a word to the wise. Having sold my 74 Hatteras in April, I put my 56 Ocean Sportie up for sale. A second home purchase made the Ocean expendable. Well I received an offer today of about 50% of what I am asking. The asking price was set with a very experienced broker after reviewing the entire market and the price is right in the middle of the pack of similar boats selling. Long story short, I believe that the virus has also brought out a bunch or bottom feeders and tire kickers looking to find folks who “have” to sell their boats for economic reasons. Fortunately, that is not my case. Needless to say, I instructed my broker to tell the prospect that we would not respond to his offer. For those selling, watch out for the buzzards.
    May well be a flipper......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Sounds like it to me or some sort of wholesaler. Offered to up the offer by some unstated amount and said he would buy without a survey. I advised that I am not the least bit concerned about a survey and unless he comes up with a realistic offer, we need not converse further. Since I know he will need to get a survey to insure the boat, the whole thing sounds very sketchy to me.

Scammers
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Get a good lawyer if you have to deal with them.

🤣🤣
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Counter at asking minus $1....
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

An architect once asked me if I could adjust my bid because I was some trivial amount higher than some other bid. I raised my price and thanked them for giving me the opportunity to revise my bid, that I had overlooked a few things.

I didn't get that one, but I noted that within a few weeks there was a stop work order slapped on the job that lasted for months.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Then again I’ve bought quite a few things that I put a low ball cash no contingency offer on and the owner came back and accepted. You just never know what people’s motivations are.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    You just never know what people’s motivations are.
    The last few months saw me, and a few hundred million others, at home playing with our toys. So I cleaned up 20 years of workshop, garage and part of the basement. Upgraded a bunch of stuff. Sold a TON of stuff on FB market place. I don't need 4 chainsaws..... got a new tractor and sold the old one, went from 7 trailers (yes seven) to four, etc. etc. I priced everything to be gone in 24 hours. My motivation was to get it "outahere"..... so I probably averaged $.60 on the dollar. But my object was to make room with a minimum of time invested.

Lots of happy buyers.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay