Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ddec 2 codes 16v92

Hello I think my 16v92 is stuck in limp mode or power down mode. Is there a way to manually clear ddec2 system. I found problem and repaired. I don’t have a ddec2 scanner. I heard u can cycle the key. But not sure ty

Re: Ddec 2 codes 16v92

I am far from all knowing, but from what I have seen on this forum, most peeps here are dealing with vintage Hatts.... with pleistocene​ Detroits....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Your 16v92 Detroit 2 stroke with DDEC control is not outside the expertise of a good Detroit mechanic. Many even have the scanner.

I dont know about your area but theres a stewart and Steven's Florida Detroit here locally that's been quite reasonable. If they have a shop in your area it may be worth the time to have bvb them not only reset it but maybe even scan and update.
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 04-11-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I am far from all knowing, but from what I have seen on this forum, most peeps here are dealing with vintage Hatts.... with pleistocene​ Detroits....
    Apparently you are not following Jim's guidance regarding belittling posters.

Most 90's boats had DDEC's. Its not a bad question and even though earlier boats had all mechanical engines, many here have DDEC's and could answer that question.

You don't have to post on every thread. If you don't know the answer, don't comment.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

What was the fix? Have you tried to disconnect the power to the brain ? You might also find something on google
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Apparently you are not following Jim's guidance regarding belittling posters.

Most 90's boats had DDEC's. Its not a bad question and even though earlier boats had all mechanical engines, many here have DDEC's and could answer that question.
    It s not a bad question indeed but when someone starts 5 different threads about the same overall issue they re having, they’re making it impossible for anyone to assist.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It s not a bad question indeed but when someone starts 5 different threads about the same overall issue they re having, they’re making it impossible for anyone to assist.
    iSorry. I didn't notice that.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Open wallet, pull out money, pay somebody that has scan-tool and knows how to fix your DDEC. And STOP making new threads asking about the same problem, please. I believe this is thread #4.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

9. Re: Ddec 2 codes 16v92

Again, for the third time, this is what I advise you to do to fix your problem.

Call up RPM Diesel in Fort Lauderdale - 954-587-1620. Tell the service tech what your problem is and request a service call to the boat. Have your engine serial number handy before you call them. They will take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I was not aware of that, they have rarely come up in discussion in the years that I've been here. Learn something every day.

Meanwhile, you yourself appear not to be bound by Jim's policy. Noted.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 04-12-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay