Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Valve Cover Breather Cap Removal

I follow this guy on Facebook/YouTube, and his work. He's got me wanting to have my valve covers media blasted and either polished or powder coated. Does anybody know how to remove the breather housing from the valve cover?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=_7dOCb6tY1w

Re: Valve Cover Breather Cap Removal

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    I follow this guy on Facebook/YouTube, and his work. He's got me wanting to have my valve covers media blasted and either polished or powder coated. Does anybody know how to remove the breather housing from the valve cover?https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=_7dOCb6tY1w
    Three screws 1/4” nut driver.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Three screws 1/4” nut driver.
    Thanks! Never noticed them from the underside, but never thought about removing it before either. My covers have been painted so many times they look tacky even with fresh paint. A guy opened a powder coating shop near the house and I had the turbo housings done there last year. Looking at Ivan's engine makes we want to up my game a bit.

I’ve have given anything to have mine bead blasted. Just one thing led to another. So many layers I thought I was carbon dating them. Anyway, turned out nice enough. Good luck.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC