Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Pump out adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    What a useful comment.
    Sorry if sanitation is not as important to some than others. I noticed your storing yours in the area with controls. Great idea. Beats the galley for sure.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Maybe that’s why when a bat sneezes in China the world stops. Everything has to be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized so our immune systems are in hibernation!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    While I do agree with this precautions can be taken. As I am also an RV owner I was totally disgusted at what many people touch and how they store drain hoses (which is necessary).
    When I was 15 my parents rented a Winnebago in California to take us on a two week vacation. We spent the first night in the rental parking lot. i was in charge of those levers underneath and dumped the holding tank in the parking lot by accident. We left reeeeeal early the next morning.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    When I was 15 my parents rented a Winnebago in California to take us on a two week vacation. We spent the first night in the rental parking lot. i was in charge of those levers underneath and dumped the holding tank in the parking lot by accident. We left reeeeeal early the next morning.
    Shitters full!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Shitters full!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeskbiJjCXI

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Apparently, Scott doesn’t let anyone use the toilet on his boat, and if he does, I guess he never has to work on the head or replace anything having to do with it. “Burn the boat” if there is a head malfunction.

Yeah....I do bleach wash stuff like that. And all of us handle pump out duties and equipment with disposable rubber gloves, I hope.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I love lectrasan. Never need to pump out. My boat has a "John Wayne head". And I did find a toilet replacement cheap enough to toss every 3 years when it needs servive.

But seriously I design and sell the systems and will install new but I DO NOT WORK ON USED ONES.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Didn’t a well-respected moderator recently start a thread about not being a dick when responding to someone’s post even when one thinks one is a “know it all”?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

LectraSan may be legal in some places but would you swim next to boat when one spurts out? Hell no
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Aside from the fact it can be a pretty Shitty subject, it was something I didn't think about till now. In thinking about the great loop, was thinking plug in options. But with a hard top Solar is in the plan. Until this came up didn't think about the pump out variations. Guess that's something that should be standardized, a Shit load of adapters so to speak.