Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pump out adapter.

Went to the dock to pump out today, and sadly... somebody before me lost the deck adapter. So, thought I should keep a couple aboard. I went to order them, but not sure if the thread/diameter. I measured the deck plate opening at 1 7/8.. dont know thread or nozzle diameter... anybody carry these camlock adapters onboard?

Re: Pump out adapter.

West marine has them, I think they’re 1 7/8

I have also used 90 deg elbows (ordered on Amazon) for when the dockside hose is straight and interferes with railings
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Went to the dock to pump out today, and sadly... somebody before me lost the deck adapter. So, thought I should keep a couple aboard. I went to order them, but not sure if the thread/diameter. I measured the deck plate opening at 1 7/8.. dont know thread or nozzle diameter... anybody carry these camlock adapters onboard?
    EWWWWWW!!!!!

UNLESS ITS A ONE TIME USE THING. ID NEVER HAVE ONE ABOARD UNLESS ITS BRAND NEW AND NEVER USED. That's disgusting to have around anywhere it could come into contact with me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have one or two that are too big for my boat. They came off the Hatteras. If you’re not in a big hurry, I’ll send it to you. I can’t use it. I should be back over to the boat in a few days. One of mine has the green rubber cap. It blew off the other one.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Thanks Angela! I ordered one off ebay, but a second would be great. More than happy to pay you for shipping etc. PM me an email/paypal and cost. I measured 1 7/8 OD and 1 1/2 ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    EWWWWWW!!!!!

UNLESS ITS A ONE TIME USE THING. ID NEVER HAVE ONE ABOARD UNLESS ITS BRAND NEW AND NEVER USED. That's disgusting to have around anywhere it could come into contact with me.
    What a useful comment.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Thanks Angela! I ordered one off ebay, but a second would be great. More than happy to pay you for shipping etc. PM me an email/paypal and cost. I measured 1 7/8 OD and 1 1/2 ID.
    I just noticed the elbow I mentioned uses 1 1/2” fittings not 1 7/8. I ll check tonight when I get back to the dock if it fits the hatt fittings.

Banjo SL150-90 Polypropylene Pipe Fitting, 90 Degree Street Elbow, Schedule 80, 1-1/2" NPT Female x NPT Male https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079JTD94..._ivLIEbW85341D
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

EWWWWWW!!!!!

While I do agree with this precautions can be taken. As I am also an RV owner I was totally disgusted at what many people touch and how they store drain hoses (which is necessary). Won't go into details but I have a rock solid sanitary plan for dumping and storage of required items.

Commenting on this since Madeira Beach just installed brand new pump out system. Great, right? Well they don't have the right screw in thingy (that is a real technical term) for my waste outlet. So had to hold it and work hard to avoid any "volcanic activity". I will find the right threaded piece that fits their system and keep on board. It will be handled with disposable gloves and stored in a sealed container in a safe place on an exterior compartment. It can be done.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

EWWWWWW!!!!!

Sounds like the perfect humanitarian thing to donate to the facility.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

So I’ve been bad bleaching mine after each use? Guess I’ll keep a microscope onboard now.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC