Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: San Diego Bay Closed

Can’t dump? Man that’s going to be one ripe bay. Law of unintended consequences.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I called the harbor police this morning and asked for details on the closure. I too suspect the county has no authority to close a major port.
    I was informed that the harbor is closed to recreational boating except for “essential” uses.
    I explained I “needed” to go to sea to dump my holding tank, the friendly (really!) officer said that qualifies and to go ahead, but just head straight out the channel, no putting around in the harbor.
    We went west about 30 miles, a nice day trip, and we had the harbor/ocean all to ourselves, like it was our private playground.
    “Need” to empty the holding tank was the magic phrase.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Re: San Diego Bay Closed now Oceanside Harbor

I heard that Oceanside has enacted even more stringent regulation. No overnight stays on your boat unless you are a liveaboard.

Dave, thanks for that I will pass it along to people I see. I have not seen any real publication about the closure except the note from our yacht club. Did your marina send out anything on it? Saw nothing on the local news. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.