Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Exuma’s in June or foiled by COVID-19???

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    World economies will not have any choice but to open back up soon. This Wuhan flu is bad but I think most people understand that now, at least the ones that are most at risk. If they open things back up, it still won't be the same as many will stay away from crowds at restaurants, etc. Those that have recovered or are at lower risk will carry on. My neighbors had this virus in February. They didn't realize what it was back then and said it was the worst flu they had ever had. Now that they look back on it, they are sure that is what they had. This was circulating in our country since probably November.
    I believe I had this virus in all of Dec and Jan, was on two Z packs 10days apart because it helped but not like in the past. I was on a nebulizer 4 times a day for 2 months, was always out of breath, was on steroid prednisone twice for lungs, could not stop coughing for a month after. No one was testing for Covid 19 then. Then I gave it to my wife she got over it quicker then me, but felt likecrap for a month. When I get sick it goes into Broncitus I'm 53 and this thing kicked my butt. I'm sure I got it from work as we have a diverse work force and someone is always coming and going to China, India. I hope not one of you get it.

Rich and Red Hatt

Please be careful and take easy.

The Chairman of my executive committee used to run Brown University Med School and also reaserached infectious disease for the CDC. He is 83 now. He advises the best outcome is to have a mild case and one is most likely immune for at least through the fall. Hopefully a vaccine will be available for the 2021 flare up.

You two most likely had the moderate (rather than light or severe) reaction to the virus. Last night I watched a re-broadcast on You Tube of Anderson Coopers CNN show segment of his interview with Chris Como who has the virus. In short, Como says that while he is home, the virus has really impacted him with raging fevers that are painful and cause hallucinations that are wild. Como notes that this is no fun and none of us should take it lightly.

Spin

For those interested, the nationwide death toll has been pretty much flat for the last 6 days, which means that the rate of increase is going down. This thing is slowing. (Not predicting what it will do tomorrow)

With some luck it's like a madman finally held down by 5 cops, now they gotta get the cuffs on him.

The quality of life in the future depends on treatment (many tests in progress) anti body testing (several approved hope they ramp up production soon) and eventually a vaccine. (Several tests in progress, still at least a year away)

How soon, how much and where social restrictions are lifted is the coming debate. As we saw even at the height of the crisis politics was always in the soup, expect it to get worse. The blame game hasn't even started yet.

Everything we do today, will show 2-3 weeks from now. Like a helm with a lot of air in the system.

I've been keeping some simple stats.... they are here: https://woodenshoe.blog/covid/
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Nice summary oscarvan and some good statistical analysis. It amazing the information that can be derived out of Data Analytics. Maybe I'm a little bias, since I have made a good living turning data into usable information. There are a number of good dashboards out there tracking COVID-19. ArcGIS which is one of primary systems the world is using to track the cases. Surprisingly the Financial Times, has a good global summary which provides an up-to-date visual narrative of the spread of Covid-19. Link below for anyone interested...

https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-...reType=nongift

Lets pray we are starting to see the peek of COVID-19 and getting it headed in the downward direction and work on getting the economy and everyone safely back to work!!!!
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Hopefully this is over with by then.

https://thenassauguardian.com/2020/0...thern-bahamas/
    Regards
    Dan

Heart attack, cancer, diabetes....end up in the hospital. Cause of death not cancer, it's corona virus.

Or, person ends up in hospital with terminal cancer, and catches corona in the hospital before dying. Cause of death, KungFlu. Think about this when you see the death numbers........
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Car swerves to avoid pedestrian, crashes into liquor store. Alcohol related accident.

Just sayin'
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    Hopefully this is over with by then.

https://thenassauguardian.com/2020/0...thern-bahamas/
    The Bahamas government issued their guidelines to foreign boats. Then can leave and head home, are allowed to stop and anchor if needed but can get on land along the way. They can also refuel if needed outside the lockdown timeframe
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Car swerves to avoid pedestrian, crashes into liquor store. Alcohol related accident.

Just sayin'
    25 residents of a local elderly care home have died in the last two weeks. More on life support All of the staff infected. They were gonna die anyways. Just sayin'

Sorry Jim.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    25 residents of a local elderly care home have died in the last two weeks. More on life support All of the staff infected. They were gonna die anyways. Just sayin'

Sorry Jim.
    So who isn’t going to die anyway? I don’t get the point of this post. Every newborn baby is going to die anyway.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987