Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Exuma’s in June or foiled by COVID-19???

There is also no way to prove that shutting down the economy and isolating everybody actually reduced deaths of those that are mostly ill to begin with.....but it sure did make lots of people become broke.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    25 residents of a local elderly care home have died in the last two weeks. More on life support All of the staff infected. They were gonna die anyways. Just sayin'

Sorry Jim.
    My mom spent 6 years in a nursing home with Alzheimer’s. I noticed every year about this time they would have masks for visitors by the door due to flu season. Still every year there would be multiple deaths. It’s not uncommon in these places. Even other times of the year there would be multiple unrelated deaths. Always seemed to me when the Reaper walked the halls he’d collect a group to go with him.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

We have a trip planned for Staniel Cay I think June 21st for a week so hopefully we can still go. I have my fingers crossed. We normally run to Atlantis, clear customs and spend a night or two before heading to the Exumas. Then we stop there to refuel and get set for a couple nights before heading back to Ft Lauderdale. Hopefully Atlantis is back up and running soon also. Does anyone know the best site or a number for checking on updates for Bahamas travel? Thanks. Tony

You mean besides here? . The Nassau papers are ok, there are a few Facebook groups (Bahamas cruising, Bahamas land n sea) where updates get posted.

We ve rescheduled a couple of charters for June... I hope things calm down by then
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You mean besides here? . The Nassau papers are ok, there are a few Facebook groups (Bahamas cruising, Bahamas land n sea) where updates get posted. We ve rescheduled a couple of charters for June... I hope things calm down by then
    Lol. Yes besides here. I’m hoping it’s clear. We’ve had reservations at Staniel Cay since last summer. I’ll be following for updates and if I hear anything I’ll be sure to share as well. Thanks. Tony

It is my understanding that Atlantis in Nassau is re-opening May 15th. I have reserves at Hole in the Wall for May 22nd and at Highbourne on the 24th

Now that we are into May, are the Exuma's viable or should I just start planning for the Key's this summer? Based on the Measured Plan for Re-opening the Bahamian Economy (link below), I'm curious if they can get to Phase 5 by June or even July for the Exuma's, given they are still in Phase 1. Thoughts????

https://i2.wp.com/ewnews.com/wp-cont...g?w=1250&ssl=1
    Best regards,
    --
    David

I'm keeping a close eye on the situation as well.

I don't see Bahamas opening up to foreign visitors for quite some time. That's phase 5. We are currently at phase 1b. Don't plan on any Bahama trips in 2020.

The Keys are scheduled to reopen June 1 PROVIDED, Dade & Broward county demonstrate marked improvement in COVID stats. I'm not seeing that happen yet so my crystal ball says it's not going to reopen in June. Fingers crossed for July though.

No official news yet although Sandals and other resorts have announced they ll be opening on July 1st. That would indicate they got word from the government that borders will reopen by then.

We ve canceled an early June charter already and waiting to see what happens for a mid/late June charter
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

The opening of a resort or two is a far cry from letting boaters in again. Hang on to your hats it could be a long while. Hopefully not, but I would not count on things opening up.
    Regards
    Dan