Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: VA Shelter In Place Until June 10

Funny how republicans love big government orders too. There's no difference between the two parties.

Shutting down the state(s) will not stop the virus from spreading. Everybody will eventually get it. The problems is, when these people finally recover, there will be no economy, jobs, or facilities to go use.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Jean View Post
    Rhode Island is stopping all vehicles with out of state plates at the border.
    All visitors are being told they are supposed to self quarantine for 14 days.

Another recent article states "The Rhode Island National Guard will go door to door in
    coastal communities starting Saturday to ask people if they are visiting from New York
    and informing them of Rhode Island’s mandatory 14-day quarantine for people from there,
    Gov. Gina Raimondo said Friday."

So technically, they aren't keeping visitors out, but they certainly are doing their best to make it unpleasant.
    Given how small RI is, I don't think I would use them as an example. Besides, our route won't take us anywhere near there, but we will definitely be in NYC to the point of at least going up the Hudson. I doubt our planned stop at Liberty Landing will happen, but we'll see.

I'm watching this on numerous social media outlets to see what those who are there now are experiencing. At this point, it still looks like we'll be okay with fuel and transient slips, but we may not be allowed to get off the boat. I/we can absolutely live with that.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Wink Re: VA Shelter In Place Until June 10

The question can we live with that?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Just poking at you. We feel the same way. At this point it has become more about the destination.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    We seem to be doing better than our surrounding states, but for how long? I feel like a statewide shelter-in-place order is inevitable.
    Since I'm at home not having any other obligation than keeping my family safe I've been keeping a close eye on all this and crunching numbers every night.

The answer to your question is: If you would have instituted a lock down 3 weeks ago, you would have been OK. But like every other state out there you're waiting until it starts which will be soon. And yes, the locking of the barn is inevitable, but the horse it out.

So cases and the number of deaths increases exponentially. This means that the numbers increase faster and faster. When they start drawing real attention it's too late. You then start a 3-4 week period where the numbers will be bad........

As of yesterday South Carolina had 1076 cases which was an increase of 151, or 16%. Based on that the number is doubling every 4.4 days. Unless your social distancing is soon and VERY well executed you're potentially looking at 150,000 cases at the end of the month. (New York was at 2 days doubling and is FINALLY down to 6)

Yesterday the total number of deaths in SC was at 18, an increase of 2 or 11% This too will speed up..... I'll let you do the math yourself.

For anyone that wants to keep tabs, this is an excellent site: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Last edited by oscarvan; 03-31-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Just poking at you. We feel the same way. At this point it has become more about the destination.
    At this point, is has become more about the route.

I just emailed our Canadian friends to see if our move could/would be looked at as non-pleasure craft in the event The Welland is still closed on or about May 21. You two have officially been named as crew, and I assured them we would go through the canal without touching anything with our bare hands, and that we wouldn't stop until we were in a US port. We'll see.

www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Since I'm at home not having any other obligation than keeping my family safe I've been keeping a close eye on all this and crunching numbers every night.

The answer to your question is: If you would have instituted a lock down 3 weeks ago, you would have been OK. But like every other state out there you're waiting until it starts which will be soon. And yes, the locking of the barn is inevitable, but the horse it out.

So cases and the number of deaths increases exponentially. This means that the numbers increase faster and faster. When they start drawing real attention it's too late. You then start a 3-4 week period where the numbers will be bad........

As of yesterday South Carolina had 1076 cases which was an increase of 151, or 16%. Based on that the number is doubling every 4.4 days. Unless your social distancing is soon and VERY well executed you're potentially looking at 150,000 cases at the end of the month. (New York was at 2 days doubling and is FINALLY down to 6)

Yesterday the total number of deaths in SC was at 18, an increase of 2 or 11% This too will speed up..... I'll let you do the math yourself.

For anyone that wants to keep tabs, this is an excellent site: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    I'm afraid you might be right, and that in itself is scary.

I've been dating a RN (works in an old folks home and perfectly safe, almost) who has a daughter who is also a RN in a local hospital. Tennessee has been very lax by comparison, and her daughter says the Knoxville area is expected to see an exponential increase in numbers of cases in about two weeks.

Apparently the hospitals are preparing to be overrun, and they in turn are preparing their employees for this event. I just hope THEY are wrong. I've been a good boy and taken this thing very seriously. Staying at home with a nice view of the lake isn't that difficult, but I'm on media overload from watching WAY too much news coverage on this.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I'm on media overload from watching WAY too much news coverage on this.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Unfortunately you have to wade through the swamp to find the useful bits. I watched it all for a while, and now I know when to watch what and get the snippets I need.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Funny how republicans love big government orders too. There's no difference between the two parties.

Shutting down the state(s) will not stop the virus from spreading. Everybody will eventually get it. The problems is, when these people finally recover, there will be no economy, jobs, or facilities to go use.
    You are correct we will not stop this virus, but we must slow down the infection rate. With advanced medical care this virus is incredibly deadly without it it is just unbearable. In Italy over ten percent of the people that become symptomatic are dying due to the curve being too steep. We will overcome this and the economy will recover but losing millions of people for a buck is not ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    At this point, is has become more about the route.

I just emailed our Canadian friends to see if our move could/would be looked at as non-pleasure craft in the event The Welland is still closed on or about May 21. You two have officially been named as crew, and I assured them we would go through the canal without touching anything with our bare hands, and that we wouldn't stop until we were in a US port. We'll see.

Well, I got a reply to that email that was very specific and very informative.

Good morning Randall,

Pleasure craft is suspended until further notice during the COVID-19 crisis. You can refer to our website for updates.

Regards,

Karen

How do you say, canned or automated response in French?

It's pretty obvious I knew of this closure, and I did send back a message that I was still awaiting an answer to my previous question. Yes, I was very polite as I don't want to take the chance of being banned from Canerdia.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93