Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA Shelter In Place Until June 10

This could make running up/down the east coast interesting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...1-EkEX11XWXfbM
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: VA Shelter In Place Until June 10

It says that the Governor can rescind the order at any time so hopefully things calm down in the next month.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I hope so, because MD just issued a SIP order too. NC did a day or two ago.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Ugh....the guy is such an idiot.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

First, the failed gun grab attempt, and now this. Why not just make it 30 days with a chance it could be extended vs freaking everybody out?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I was up late making up travel letters and texting them to our employees so they would show up for work this morning. I sold my company in 2018 to the company I work for now and I am so thankful for that. The owners of this company are a father and son. The father is 86 and has to stay home now. The son is in his 50's and I've never seen anyone dither so much in a leadership position. It's almost like he wants to throw this 75 year old company away. He thinks shutting down the company will help protect the workers. It goes against every grain in my body. The only way to protect the workers is to keep working.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Well, SC's governor told people last week to not congregate on beaches, sandbars and landings. He said local LE and DNR would break up crowds. I noted a typically busy public ramp near downtown Charleston was packed Sunday and no sign of LE. The local beach towns have barricaded the roads onto the islands even as the SCAG says that's an illegal order. So yesterday, the Governor ordered all public beach, lake and river access shutdown. As far as I know, most all marinas remain open and pumping fuel. My marina, St. Johns Yacht Harbor, has gone to restricted hours and no being one allowed in the marina store.

We seem to be doing better than our surrounding states, but for how long? I feel like a statewide shelter-in-place order is inevitable. Glad I've got my own pond 'cause my new pup just isn't gonna understand.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I hope so, because MD just issued a SIP order too. NC did a day or two ago.
    MD SIP order prohibits "recreational boating" IMHO a yacht delivery that passes through the state waters is not recreational.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    MD SIP order prohibits "recreational boating" IMHO a yacht delivery that passes through the state waters is not recreational.
    I would make the same argument, but I'll check for clarification before we head into unfriendly waters. Seems to me these SIP orders would only apply to citizens of that state whose boats are also registered in those states.

I can't imagine they would barricade interstates or major highways to keep automobiles from other states out of theirs. The ICW is the equivalent of a federal, interstate highway on the water. If nothing else, we run three miles offshore and waive as we pass by.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

10. Re: VA Shelter In Place Until June 10

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I can't imagine they would barricade interstates or major highways to keep automobiles from other states out of theirs.
    Rhode Island is stopping all vehicles with out of state plates at the border.
    All visitors are being told they are supposed to self quarantine for 14 days.

Another recent article states "The Rhode Island National Guard will go door to door in
    coastal communities starting Saturday to ask people if they are visiting from New York
    and informing them of Rhode Island’s mandatory 14-day quarantine for people from there,
    Gov. Gina Raimondo said Friday."

So technically, they aren't keeping visitors out, but they certainly are doing their best to make it unpleasant.
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C