Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Governor Newsom

Re: Governor Newsom

If by "Leading from the front" you mean having a habit of cramming unwanted agenda down the citizen's throats no matter what the cost, then you have described these people to a T.

Both states suffer from the same mismanagement and dictatorial lack of representative government. Both are buried in debt and financial shortfalls that are constantly band-aided with fiscal malfeasance and looming problems like unfunded pension bombs that remain unaddressed while advancing a leftist agenda that is forcing the population and businesses to flee these states. At least in our case with the governor's blessing.

Nobody is so perfect that they can be wrong 100% of the time. Just because I, unlike the left, am willing to acknowledge one time something has been done reasonably well, that doesn't mean I would ever endorse or vote for them. They're still terrible representatives of the people.

BTW, the city's mayor who is trying to out-left everyone on the planet royally screwed this thing up in the beginning by doing exactly what krush said. Knee-jerk "If Trump is for it it must be wrong therefore we will do the opposite." Fortunately the governor finally told him to shut things down or NYC (COVID Ground Zero in the US) would still be open for business. So much for leftists having all the answers.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Stunning! I realize this is NOT to be a forum for political debate. I tried but... you sir kicked the hornets nest not me. And so much of this can not go unanswered. First, being a lifelong resident of Washington state, Inslee talks like and thinks like a five year old. Some unbelievable statements dribble from that man's mouth. Just watch his pathetic run to be the democrat party presidential candidate. Sad. (However, he is probably a better choice than Biden). As far as being proud of democrat party senators and congressmen, so much to be proud of. Proud that while this virus was approaching our shores, the democrats were focusing like a laser on their hatred-fueled third iteration of 'Get Trump'. (Seems that hatred is a democrat party value...). In fact, that has consumed them and their agenda since before the inauguration. They have done nothing in 3-1/2 years! They continue to obsessively try to find a ploy - anything - to reverse the 2016 elections. Remember when democrat party leaders and the lap-dog media were fretting that Trump wouldn't accept the results of the election. Now who is refusing to accept the choice of the American people? Listen to the rhetoric coming from them. Pelosi, Hillary and others continue to refer to Trump as an illegitimate president. Sounds to me that they are refusing to accept the election results. Whiny-assed bedwetters! Next, they had a choice to join the American people, set aside their hatred for Trump for time and fight this virus with us. After the virus is under control, they could certainly go back to their default of hating Trump. Instead, they chose to politicize and weaponize the corona virus seeing that this may be their last best hope to crash a booming economy, blame Trump and keep him from a shoe-in second term. Wow! Hatred and desperation are so ugly! So when it came time to help working Americans, Schumer and McConnell came together and worked out a bipartisan aid package until... Pelosi boarded her broom and flew into DC to do what she does best; bring dissent. She held up the aid package with things so important to most Americans like: money for planned parenthood (after all, we can't stop aborting all those black and brown babies - which was Sangers goal), money for the Kennedy Center (where all of the unemployed folks go on Saturday nights), require failing airlines to implement unrealistic emission goals, tax credits for wind and solar energy (there is some real help for that out of work waitress - I'm sure she would prefer that over extended unemployment benefits), mandated "diversity" on corporate boards and others ad nauseum. "Your party" sir has become purveyors of hate and bile. They are today less the party of JFK, FDR and even Bubba and more the party of Joseph Stalin, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro. And sadly, the worst of them represent California.

To the rest of my fellow forum members, please accept my apology for this rant. To follow the hateful antics of most members of the democrat party leadership over the last several weeks in the face of what should be a time for us to unite as a nation and set aside political gamesmanship and fight this invisible, deadly pestilence has brought me to a place of wanting to fight back against their lies and their efforts to divide us. To democrat party leadership and the media, truth is like kryptonite. For years, we have been silent. It's difficult to be silent anymore.

bob
    No apology necessary as your post is factually correct. Never apologize for telling the truth.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    No apology necessary as your post is factually correct. Never apologize for telling the truth.
    I won’t.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I won’t.
    LOL!!!

"You want the truth?"

"You can't handle the truth!"

Which part of Bob's post would you dispute? Just curious.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I reread that post and there are no actual facts, just a lot of opinions. They may be accepted as fact within certain bubbles, but they are not. Like a$$holes you have yours, I have mine.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

A buddy of mine had a hemorrhoidectomy and now claims he's a perfect asshole.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I reread that post and there are no actual facts, just a lot of opinions. They may be accepted as fact within certain bubbles, but they are not. Like a$$holes you have yours, I have mine.
    Well, let's talk about indisputable facts. How did you feel about all the non-related pork the Dem's tried to include in the stimulus bill?

Opposing help for big business was to be expected, and that is a matter of opinion as to it being in the best interest of the general public. Had the Dem's focused on that, it wouldn't have been a big deal to defend. This non-related crap was just a lame attempt to further the party's agenda vs getting much needed help to those they pretend to care so much about. That, my friend, is a fact.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    a buddy of mine had a hemorrhoidectomy and now claims he's a perfect asshole.
    NO, NO!... Not the rubber bandies!
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

NYC is OMG HORRIBLE EVEYRBODY DIEYING!@#$!@#$ .....excpet look at these figures:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...ary-deaths.pdf

Almost exclusively deaths are people with underlying conditions.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by captainwjm View Post
    I'll take Newsom or Cuomo over DeSantis any day.
    Ha! We could have been stuck with that crack head Gillum instead.
    Regards
    Dan