Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Governor Newsom

Re: Governor Newsom

Uh-Oh!!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I'm sheltering in the LA area (Pasadena) now, with the option of bailing out to Atlanta or Tampa if
    necessary.

I've just handed my wife a pair of Vice-Grips so she can pull the tongue out of my head after I say
    this; but, California has been doing a great job. Getting out in front while relying on the best scientific advice available to them, then enlisting private enterprise to help achieve community goals dictated by that data/advice. While simultaneously asking for Federal help EARLY. I could write a dissertation on
    other things they've royally screwed up, but they're getting this one right.

Interestingly, at the beginning of the Pandemic, Governor would talk about the Nation State of
    California and how they have the worlds 6th largest GDP incessantly. Literally, multiple times during
    each public address. After the Fed / Trump started helping in a meaningful way, all that nonsense
    stoped. Haven't heard Nation/State reference in better than a week now. At least the man is smart
    enough to not poke sticks at the lion...

Overall, a very measured approach relying much more on the carrot rather than the stick.

Here come the Vice Grips, this is gonna hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I been a Californian for decades and watched our state go from strength to strength. From the sixth biggest economy in the world to the fifth. We came through the last big crash stronger than ever and Governor Brown left us with a budget surplus. Say what you will, you can’t argue with success. If there was any decent cruising there we never would have left.

It is not surprising at at all that at a time when our nation desperately needs leadership and when there is none coming from Washington, the Governors that have stepped in to fill the void are Democrats from liberal states. Newsome, Inslee and Cuomo are accustomed to leading from the front and telling people what they need to be told, they govern with an eye on the long term, not on the daily news cycle.

I have voted Democratic since 1972 and never have I been prouder of the Governors, Senators and Congressmen and women of my party than in this crisis. Flame me all you want, but all I need do is open a newspaper to see the contrast between parties. One leader says “I won’t take responsibility for that” and the others take action to protect citizens irregardless of the political consequences.
    This is me doing my kid in a MAGA hat impression.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The reason so many Governors are looking like leaders is because this is how Trump has set this up. He is letting the states do what states should do and not preempt them with Federal rules and oversight.

He was criticized as acting like a dictator since he's been in there. Now the same voices are criticizing him for not dictating and for letting the states go about their business. This has been his style all along. He's for states' rights and not federal control.

This is not a political statement endorsing anyone, just an observation of what is going on that many do not realize.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That's called Democratic hypocrisy. Sort of like trying to sneak in all that crap into the stimulus bill that had absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic under the guise of fighting for the common man. This after calling him a racist when he moved early to restrict Chinese nationals from entering the US and then saying he didn't act soon enough to stop the spread of this virus. It never ends, and it gets extremely old.

I'm not afraid to say I support Trump, even though he had to earn the respect that I didn't have for him when he was running for office. How anyone can support the current crop of Democratic leadership just boggles my little mind. Everything they say and do sounds like something straight out of The Babylon Bee or The Onion. Who needs satire when this is their reality?

Oh hell, we're talking politics. Does that Newsom fellow own a Hatteras?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Uh-Oh!!
    I think we're gonna need a bigger cooler.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It is not surprising at at all that at a time when our nation desperately needs leadership and when there is none coming from Washington, the Governors that have stepped in to fill the void are Democrats from liberal states. Newsome, Inslee and Cuomo are accustomed to leading from the front and telling people what they need to be told, they govern with an eye on the long term, not on the daily news cycle.
    Yeah, wow, them democrat party governors are really doing a great job and the federal government is failing! /sarcasm. It is the DUTY of the governor to make these decisions for his state. All the disaster planning, reaction to pandemic, supply sourcing, and "stay-at-home" orders are the purview of the governor. STATES' RIGHTS (and responsibilities).

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    The reason so many Governors are looking like leaders is because this is how Trump has set this up. He is letting the states do what states should do and not preempt them with Federal rules and oversight.

He was criticized as acting like a dictator since he's been in there. Now the same voices are criticizing him for not dictating and for letting the states go about their business. ..................

Yeah, it is funny. "He didn't do enough" is being said now, but before it was "OMG HE'S ACTING LIKE A DICTATOR". It is not the job nor duty of the federal government to manage the states' affairs. New York city is a craphole with lots of disease problems.....I don't think my state needs to have the same gameplan. And if the fed.gov was totally in charge, it would be a one-size-fits-all response.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I been a Californian for decades and watched our state go from strength to strength. From the sixth biggest economy in the world to the fifth. We came through the last big crash stronger than ever and Governor Brown left us with a budget surplus. Say what you will, you can’t argue with success. If there was any decent cruising there we never would have left.

I have voted Democratic since 1972 and never have I been prouder of the Governors, Senators and Congressmen and women of my party than in this crisis. Flame me all you want, but all I need do is open a newspaper to see the contrast between parties. One leader says “I won’t take responsibility for that” and the others take action to protect citizens irregardless of the political consequences.
    Stunning! I realize this is NOT to be a forum for political debate. I tried but... you sir kicked the hornets nest not me. And so much of this can not go unanswered. First, being a lifelong resident of Washington state, Inslee talks like and thinks like a five year old. Some unbelievable statements dribble from that man's mouth. Just watch his pathetic run to be the democrat party presidential candidate. Sad. (However, he is probably a better choice than Biden). As far as being proud of democrat party senators and congressmen, so much to be proud of. Proud that while this virus was approaching our shores, the democrats were focusing like a laser on their hatred-fueled third iteration of 'Get Trump'. (Seems that hatred is a democrat party value...). In fact, that has consumed them and their agenda since before the inauguration. They have done nothing in 3-1/2 years! They continue to obsessively try to find a ploy - anything - to reverse the 2016 elections. Remember when democrat party leaders and the lap-dog media were fretting that Trump wouldn't accept the results of the election. Now who is refusing to accept the choice of the American people? Listen to the rhetoric coming from them. Pelosi, Hillary and others continue to refer to Trump as an illegitimate president. Sounds to me that they are refusing to accept the election results. Whiny-assed bedwetters! Next, they had a choice to join the American people, set aside their hatred for Trump for time and fight this virus with us. After the virus is under control, they could certainly go back to their default of hating Trump. Instead, they chose to politicize and weaponize the corona virus seeing that this may be their last best hope to crash a booming economy, blame Trump and keep him from a shoe-in second term. Wow! Hatred and desperation are so ugly! So when it came time to help working Americans, Schumer and McConnell came together and worked out a bipartisan aid package until... Pelosi boarded her broom and flew into DC to do what she does best; bring dissent. She held up the aid package with things so important to most Americans like: money for planned parenthood (after all, we can't stop aborting all those black and brown babies - which was Sangers goal), money for the Kennedy Center (where all of the unemployed folks go on Saturday nights), require failing airlines to implement unrealistic emission goals, tax credits for wind and solar energy (there is some real help for that out of work waitress - I'm sure she would prefer that over extended unemployment benefits), mandated "diversity" on corporate boards and others ad nauseum. "Your party" sir has become purveyors of hate and bile. They are today less the party of JFK, FDR and even Bubba and more the party of Joseph Stalin, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro. And sadly, the worst of them represent California.

To the rest of my fellow forum members, please accept my apology for this rant. To follow the hateful antics of most members of the democrat party leadership over the last several weeks in the face of what should be a time for us to unite as a nation and set aside political gamesmanship and fight this invisible, deadly pestilence has brought me to a place of wanting to fight back against their lies and their efforts to divide us. To democrat party leadership and the media, truth is like kryptonite. For years, we have been silent. It's difficult to be silent anymore.

bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

The Beverly Hillbillies was funny for a reason.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    62 CPMY (54 with ext.)
    Tampa

PS. Grew up in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    The Beverly Hillbillies was funny for a reason.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    62 CPMY (54 with ext.)
    Tampa

PS. Grew up in Kentucky.
    You think they were Democrats before Uncle Jed was shooting at some food?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93