Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Governor Newsom

Re: Governor Newsom

I say this in all sincerity... it's hard for me to understand how anyone can support what we've seen from the Democratic Party for a number of years now, especially lately. I find it fascinating that intelligent, productive groups of people can take such drastically different views of the same topic/situation.

That's why these type exchanges between people who obviously share one thing in common are interesting. I can understand why Doug doesn't care for political discussions on here, but starting from a point of common ground is much more conducive to understanding the "other side". After all, we're all in this thing together. If nothing else, this pandemic should make us closer in that regard, just like the days after 9/11. Too bad we couldn't maintain the solidarity we discovered then.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I say this in all sincerity... it's hard for me to understand how anyone can support what we've seen from the Democratic Party for a number of years now, especially lately. I find it fascinating that intelligent, productive groups of people can take such drastically different views of the same topic/situation.

That's why these type exchanges between people who obviously share one thing in common are interesting. I can understand why Doug doesn't care for political discussions on here, but starting from a point of common ground is much more conducive to understanding the "other side". After all, we're all in this thing together. If nothing else, this pandemic should make us closer in that regard, just like the days after 9/11. Too bad we couldn't maintain the solidarity we discovered then.
    Some intelligent folks like vanilla; some like chocolate. But when you're out of one, you run with what you got. I'm perfectly willing to let the leaders lead on this regardless of my differing views on other issues. I also think it's important to give credit where credit is due or run the risk of losing one's own credibility. There'll be plenty of time to change horses when the after action reports come in, IMHO of course.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I reread that post and there are no actual facts, just a lot of opinions. They may be accepted as fact within certain bubbles, but they are not. Like a$$holes you have yours, I have mine.
    Greetings Michael,
    I couldn't allow you to mischaracterize the statements made in my post. In my opinion, that is an often used ploy used by the media and the left (I guess that statement was redundant in my opinion). So for clarity:
    Opinion: "a view or judgement formed about something not necessarily based on fact or knowledge"
    Fact: "a thing that is known or proved to be true"

So to differentiate, my statements about Inslee are observation based opinions, not "actual facts". My comments regarding democrats hating Trump, having done nothing for 3-1/2 years, efforts to reverse the 2016 election and hoping to crash the economy are again observation based opinions, not "actual facts".

Both Hillary and Pelosi have more than once stated that Trump was an illegitimate president. I think that would pass as proof that they do not accept the results of the 2016 election. As far as them being whiny-assed bedwetters, I have no facts to support that statement.

Here's some "actual facts". Go ahead, do your fact check. Schumer and McConnell negotiated a bipartisan aid/stimulus package (good for them!). Fact. Pelosi flew into DC (the broom was decidedly opinion) with a 1400 page list of demands which stalled the aid deal. Fact. Among the list was money for NPR, Planned Parenthood, The Kennedy Center, tax credits for wind and solar power, emission standards on airlines, requiring an airline union rep on airlines board of directors, canceling the US Postal service debt, $10,000 student loan forgiveness and more. Fact.

So, you may support these demands. If so, go ahead and say so. Don't say they are merely opinion. But even you must see that it would be a stretch to say that they should be part of an aid package for displaced workers. They should put their Green Raw Deal list into a completely separate piece of legislation.

Now my friend, please do all you can to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy. We've never been down this path - it's uncharted territory. We need each other. Together, Americans can defeat enemies seen and unseen. May God bless you and yours...

bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Very well said, Bob.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93