Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Newsom

Governor Newsom

You can say anything you want about California but Governor Newsom has taken charge and is running the state like an independent country. He has managed to secure 104 million N95 masks on his own and has been sending planes to pick up the stock. The Federal Government has not been able to do this, no surprise there. I was not a big Newsom fan but might be changing my mind. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Governor Newsom

No offense, but California has been being run like an independent country (third world in some respects) for a long time. Sanctuary cities are a good example, so is taking a dump in the streets. You guys should just build a wall and secede.

Again, no offense as I do know some perfectly nnnormal people who live in California by choice.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'm going to need to bleach my tongue after this,.. but New York State's Communist in Chief is actually doing a respectable job too. The City's mayor, not so much.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Freeboard you speak the truth, You def need to stop over for a beer.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Good job FREEBOARD
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Hey, he said I could say anything I wanted about California.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Free bird, I pretty much agree with most other comments about Calif. even though I live here, but I had to give him some credit for his handling of securing protective gear, you know even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Free bird, I pretty much agree with most other comments about Calif. even though I live here, but I had to give him some credit for his handling of securing protective gear, you know even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.
    Tell me how good you'll feel when you find out how much he paid for that stuff and your taxes skyrocket. Then you'll want to kick that blind squirrel IN the nuts.

Oh yeah, it's FREEBOARD!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

9. Re: Governor Newsom

I'll take Newsom or Cuomo over DeSantis any day.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

I been a Californian for decades and watched our state go from strength to strength. From the sixth biggest economy in the world to the fifth. We came through the last big crash stronger than ever and Governor Brown left us with a budget surplus. Say what you will, you can’t argue with success. If there was any decent cruising there we never would have left.

It is not surprising at at all that at a time when our nation desperately needs leadership and when there is none coming from Washington, the Governors that have stepped in to fill the void are Democrats from liberal states. Newsome, Inslee and Cuomo are accustomed to leading from the front and telling people what they need to be told, they govern with an eye on the long term, not on the daily news cycle.

I have voted Democratic since 1972 and never have I been prouder of the Governors, Senators and Congressmen and women of my party than in this crisis. Flame me all you want, but all I need do is open a newspaper to see the contrast between parties. One leader says “I won’t take responsibility for that” and the others take action to protect citizens irregardless of the political consequences.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987