Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Annapolis Maryland Summer Cruise

Imho...there is a LOT of fearmongering going around that is understandable but unrealistic.
    Atlantis in Nassau announced it plans the resumption of operations mid-May.
    It is in fact the resumption of operations by service-providers that should dictate your plans UNLESS you are "at risk"; namely, within the group harboring pre-existing conditions. If you are then you should remain in isloation until a "cure" is found or understand that you may not survive exposure.
    Somewhere around 95% of the rest of the population can expect nil to moderate symptoms....and an enjoyable vacation.

I do not under-estimate the significance or threat of this pandemic but I understand that the danger posed is essentially to the weakest of the herd whom we should protect by focussing resources.
    The " not at risk" can reasonably roll the dice and sustain the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    You recommending not to plan a Vacation in July? I hope you’re wrong for all our sakes. Trying to keep it positive at this point. I also have a trip planned to go to Staniel Cay for a week in June. Im just hoping this all passes soon. I’m not sure if it will but I’m trying to remain optimistic. That’s all we can do. Thanks. Tony
    Well, at this point, Maryland is under a SIP order. God only knows how this will play out. Hopefully things will be at least semi-normal by July, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Not being pessimistic, just realistic.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Imho...there is a LOT of fearmongering going around that is understandable but unrealistic.
    Atlantis in Nassau announced it plans the resumption of operations mid-May.
    It is in fact the resumption of operations by service-providers that should dictate your plans UNLESS you are "at risk"; namely, within the group harboring pre-existing conditions. If you are then you should remain in isloation until a "cure" is found or understand that you may not survive exposure.
    Somewhere around 95% of the rest of the population can expect nil to moderate symptoms....and an enjoyable vacation.

I do not under-estimate the significance or threat of this pandemic but I understand that the danger posed is essentially to the weakest of the herd whom we should protect by focussing resources.
    The " not at risk" can reasonably roll the dice and sustain the economy.
    I think you need to watch the news more. LEO’s are dying from this along with other people who didn’t fit the at risk category. I’m not in panic mode, but this is some scary stuff.

Still planning that east coast run, but that will be in a self-sustaining motor yacht. Huge difference between that and trailering an open boat over 1,000 miles and everything that goes along with it. I personally wouldn’t even consider doing that right now, but MAYBE it’ll be feasible by July. Again, I have my doubts, but that’s obviously an unqualified personal opinion.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I do a LITTLE more than rely on daily broadcasts and have the benefit of access to certain data relating to correlation between cases and deaths with reference to underlying conditions. I am aware that front-line providers are exposed and that those amongst them who suffer from diabetes, heart failure, kidney and liver disease etc are at significantly increasedvrisk of death if and when infected. I also know that more than 80% of those exposed will have no symptoms are mild to moderate discomfort that resolves within 3-5 days.
    That being said, it is for each and every individual to decide their level of risk-tolerance once governmental restrictions are loosened or removed..
    I presently expect that by May 1st, most of the East coast states will have significantly relaxed though will continue to promote self-distancing. Absent an under-lying condition, I would not hesitate to embark on that 1000 mile journey assuming all services are avaiable and adherence to reasonable self-preservation techniques.

This is one time it’ll tickle me to death to be wrong. Bottom line is, it’s a guessing game right now.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

In Maryland you can go out to exercise, to go to the grocery and to go to work if you are deemed an essential business. Residential construction is deemed an essential business. I've been to DC, Maryland and Virginia today. The traffic is very light. I scored 18 rolls of toilet paper at the gas station yesterday and no problem stocking up on wine and seltzer today. I tried to go to the senior hour at Costco yesterday and it was impossible. That ship has sailed. No more Costco. The line was incredible 5 minutes before the doors opened. It stretched the length of the building and filled the loading dock, tripled back on itself. Old people with masks and mobility scooters in bathrobes. No way I'm diving into that petri dish.

Costco Petri Dish.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Annapolis would be a good home base for such a series of trips. Yes, there is overnight dockage on the downtown municipal seawall, but that might not be your best choice. I would look at the downtown marinas instead. St Michaels would be easily accessible, probably an hour or two from Annapolis in a boat of that speed. Solomons is also worth visiting, but it's further than StM. There are some good places to eat in Kent Narrows, easily accessible by boat- Annie's and The Narrows. PM me if you want other suggestions, closer to the actual time.

Jammin, is that You in red on the scooter with the long blond Hair?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    Jammin, is that You in red on the scooter with the long blond Hair?
    Maybe some day! We've met. Jean and I looked at your 46C. It was early in our search and went to the MY side.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA