Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Annapolis Maryland Summer Cruise

I know a few of you are experienced in cruising the Annapolis area and I’m looking for some advice. This July I’d like to take our Hydra Sports 33VX to Annapolis for 4 or 5 days. We’d like to do little day cruises around the bay and take in the sites. Maybe St Michaels, Solomon’s, Inner Harbor etc. I’m looking for suggestions. We’d like to stay at a hotel and keep the boat in a slip in Annapolis and venture out each day for sightseeing, lunch and dinner cruises. We’d being trailering the boat in so first and foremost where is a good place in Annapolis to launch the boat and store the trailer for 4 to 5 days?We’d like to stay in the Marina and Hotel right downtown where they hold the boat show, or are the city docks available for overnights along the wall? If so who are the contacts to reserve a spot? What are some recommendations on things to see, places to visit, and restaurants to try? It’ll be two families with kids ranging from 11-17. They all love the water and fishing also, so beaches, crabbing, fishing etc are also of interest. Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated so thank you in advance. Tony

Re: Annapolis Maryland Summer Cruise

Definitely go to St Michaels. The maritime museum is outstanding. Main street is nice to walk and shop. Afterwards have dinner at the Crab Claw. Solomons Island also has a nice maritime museum if you haven't had your fill yet.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Do they have transient dockage at the Crab Claw and if you eat there is it a place you can leave the boat for a couple hours to walk around town? If not what’s the closest marina in walking distance to Main Street, the museum and the restaurant? I’d been there about 20 years ago on a clients boat and don’t really remember. Thanks AgainTony

I definitely recommend going to Solomons Island, if you dock at Solomons Island Yachting Center, https://solomonsyachtingcenter.net/, you will be able to walk anywhere you want to on the island. It is well worth your visit for the museum, shops, and restaurants.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    I definitely recommend going to Solomons Island, if you dock at Solomons Island Yachting Center, https://solomonsyachtingcenter.net/, you will be able to walk anywhere you want to on the island. It is well worth your visit for the museum, shops, and restaurants.
    I'll be sure to check it out.
    Thanks
    Tony

Run down to Deltaville and come back north when the wind is blowing 25 knots at the confluence of the Potomac River. The kids will love it! Ask me how I know!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Run down to Deltaville and come back north when the wind is blowing 25 knots at the confluence of the Potomac River. The kids will love it! Ask me how I know!
    Hopefully it's 25 nothing. lol I'm hoping for 5 or less always. The only time I want 20+ Knot winds are when I'm Sailboat Racing. Did I mention I DON'T Race Sailboats?

Is Deltaville worth a look?

Also, anyone know a good place to launch a 33ft boat and store a trailer in Annapolis?

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Hopefully it's 25 nothing. lol I'm hoping for 5 or less always. The only time I want 20+ Knot winds are when I'm Sailboat Racing. Did I mention I DON'T Race Sailboats?

Also, anyone know a good place to launch a 33ft boat and store a trailer in Annapolis?

Thanks

Tony
    We were there on a Sunday, I think, and there wasn't much open in terms of restaurants. There were only a handful in the first place, but they did give us a courtesy car. Of course closed restaurants will still be the case for you unless this virus thing clears up REAL fast.

I honestly don't think I would be planning a vacation trip for July right now, especially one that involves trailering a boat.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post

Thanks

Tony

I haven't been in Annapolis in years, but Bert Jabin used to be good and fair in price.

https://www.bjyy.com/
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    We were there on a Sunday, I think, and there wasn't much open in terms of restaurants. There were only a handful in the first place, but they did give us a courtesy car. Of course closed restaurants will still be the case for you unless this virus thing clears up REAL fast.I honestly don't think I would be planning a vacation trip for July right now, especially one that involves trailering a boat.
    You recommending not to plan a Vacation in July? I hope you’re wrong for all our sakes. Trying to keep it positive at this point. I also have a trip planned to go to Staniel Cay for a week in June. Im just hoping this all passes soon. I’m not sure if it will but I’m trying to remain optimistic. That’s all we can do. Thanks. Tony