Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: It Sure is Erie Out

The figures released for Maryland this morning. The group between 20 years old and 60 years old has the highest amount of positive tests.
    I'm staying home!
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Talk about eerie... we came across this about 40 miles offshore, read the lights on the side of the cruise ship.

SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

A friend made a Publix run for milk. Said it was loaded with old people shuffling around. Got to the checkout older couple infront of her says to the cashier “we’ve never seen a grocery store with such empty shelves” checker says “ guess you haven’t been shopping in the last 2 weeks” guy says “we just drove in from NYC” my friend says “sir don’t you know your supposed to be quarantined for 2 weeks” guy says “I don’t give a damn we have to eat”
    Got a love that NY state of mind.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    E-E-R-I-E

Sorry,... It's been bugging me.

I have to say, trying to look at the positive, I've really been enjoying the commute lately. It's kind of what things were like 50+ years ago when we didn't have the kind of population we do now.

Everybody stay safe and healthy.
    He’s just practicing for our May trip when it really will be Erie out.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

So...........probably no one would object to taking HIS civil liberties away, right?
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    So...........probably no one would object to taking HIS civil liberties away, right?
    The putz from NYC? Somebody should have put a stupid sign on him and his car.
    If this was in FL, he was instructed at the state line.

Hard to put this into the category of civil liberties abuse when you have so many idiots congregating in large groups, despite the warnings. Too many people not taking this seriously enough results in adults having to make difficult decisions for them.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    The putz from NYC? Somebody should have put a stupid sign on him and his car.
    If this was in FL, he was instructed at the state line.
    Vero Beach and AFAIK they’re still letting them in.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    I believe you could make a case for public endangerment. Still very restrictive testing here in Florida. Since all data is by nature historic and for the most part testing has been on first responders and health care workers given the # of those testing positive. The shortage could be the people operating the ventilators. A friend whose a respiratory therapist in a major Michigan hospital says she’s seeing standard treatments they use for pneumonia making things worse. Also the lung damage caused by this in mimicking fibrosis. Most patients she said aren’t making it off the vents. Her opinion is that survivors of severe cases will have long term lung and cardiac damage.
    Think about that if you’re feeling cavalier.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

I'm just glad I live in a small town. Then again, I felt that way before this pandemic hit. If I lived in NYC or anywhere near it, I would keep my happy ass inside until I got the all safe.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93