Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: It Sure is Erie Out

Yes, and to all those who think Jim is Over dramatizing, my wife is a nurse at one of the big Boston hospitals and she and the medical community are agonizing over the day that they have to start deciding who gets a ventilator and who doesn’t, because those people that need one and don’t get it cause there aren’t enough to go around will most likely die. NY is going to be in very bad shape over the next two weeks, and to those that take this with a cavalier attitude, you may very well find yourself in similar circumstances. This hunkering down stuff is no fun, but if you think it’s not coming at you like a freight train you are mistaken, and could be endangering your own loved ones. Also, if people would just isolate, this thing would burn out faster, and businesses could get back up quicker. Human nature is a strange thing, and I keep coming back to the thought that unfortunately most of us aren’t that bright.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

My wife and grandkids haven’t left our home for over a month. I’ve gone out shopping at Safeway at 6:00 am once. Gloves and mask on. Sterilized everything before it came into the home. So far so good but it is getting stir crazy. I sure hope that this thing is not taken lightly and everybody doesn’t go back out in two weeks because I think it’s gonna take a lot longer than that.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

My two cents:

Quiet here in the Berkeley Marina. There are a lot of derelict boats here, so its refreshing to see some of those boat's stewards working on them for a change.

I'm considered "essential" so have to go out amongst 'em every day, but my lovely bride Cap't Lisa is knocking down a project a day. Some days I can remain aboard and take meetings remotely, but I'm stuck having to go into San Francisco every few days.

I'm very thankful to have a partner like Lisa though. She's awesome.

While I am here, I'm trying to catch-up on a number of spring projects so that when we CAN finally get off the dock and go somewhere fun, we'll be ready.
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

I'm a couple miles North of the OP Sadey. Fort Lauderdale, ICW mile 1062.

Weekend traffic on the ICW is pretty busy but I think it's just folks trying to escape cabin fever. There's really nowhere to go as all non-essential venues, parks, beaches, whatnot are closed. Even the Keys and Bahamas are denying entry.

My wife and I have only been off the boat a few times over the last 2 weeks. Groceries for the most part.

Talk of the town right now is what to do about a Cruise ship that wants to tie up at Port Everglades here in Ft Lauderdale with 138 sick and 4 dead on board.

I feel my wife and I are pretty safe and minimizing our exposure. We have a small community of live aboards here at the yacht club. The club is gated with daytime security. We're good.

E-E-R-I-E

Sorry,... It's been bugging me.

I have to say, trying to look at the positive, I've really been enjoying the commute lately. It's kind of what things were like 50+ years ago when we didn't have the kind of population we do now.

Everybody stay safe and healthy.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Eerie unless your boat is in the lake named Erie. Then it could be Eerie on Lake Erie.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I thought Erie as a play on words as that is on their planned travel route this summer. Maybe I was over thinking it?

Walt Hoover

I was thinking autocorrect. But maybe I'm underthinking it.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Too funny! I hadn’t thought about the play words but actually it’s my poor spelling. I did try to edit the post and that’s why in the body of the post it’s spelled correctly but the original title of the thread wouldn’t correct. As my wife always tells me if I open my mouth or start to type I remove all doubt that I am not as intelligent as I look.
    Last edited by Sadey; 03-30-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale