Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

It Sure is Eerie Out

The New River Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Saturday at 7pm.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sadey; 03-28-2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: It Sure is Erie Out

That’s almost scary.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

My friend showed San Diego Bay, it was just as bad.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Yesterday passing through New Smyrna was one of the busiest we have ever seen. There were some small beaches with a dozen boats beached Gunwale to gunwale, boats with 4, 5, 6 or more pax zooming around, etc. It was just crazy!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

That’s how the boating ban got put in to place in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. All boat ramps closed and blocked off. All sandbars and beaches closed and no boats within 50’ of each other.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

And here on Sydney Harbour we have moved our two kids plus two cats and the dog to our boat for at least a month. Maybe more.

Australia is now pretty much locked down and anyone over 70 to stay indoors. No more than two persons can form a group. Parks & beaches closed. Only Australians allowed back on flights and then 14 days quarantine in a hotel.

The kids are doing all their school classes live on laptops via mobile wifi. We will slowly move around from bay to bay. We are into day two of the Isolation Cruise now.

There are lots of boat jobs and projects to be completed, the biggest being to roll some of the decks with new non skid. I will let my 12 year old son wag either a Latin or Chinese lesson if he wants to help me do the taping.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Byron, don’t know when your friend was looking at San Diego, but our boat is on the main channel by Shelter Island and there was more boating traffic last weekend than anytime in the summer, of course it was 70 degrees and sunny. Lots of boats had 5 to 10 people aboard. This is the reason this virus is going to last a long time, to many people just don’t give heck about this thing. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

It sure is.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

My thanks to all of you who dont self quarantine. Darwinize your local population if you want but dont think about coming here.

If you cant give a little of your time to protect yourself and your family please just take yourself out of the gene pool
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I saw a post which said, "your parents and grandparents fought and won two world wars. You're being asked to stay on the couch for TWO weeks. Think you're up to it?"

The problem with idiots who won't stay home and out of contact is that they may take others of us out, by keeping the pandemic going. One can only hope they wise up. All of our lives depend on this.