Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now this Virus response has gone TOO FAR!

Take a look at this:

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...ome-order.html

Recreational motorboats not allowed under Michigan’s stay-at-home order
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Now this Virus response has gone TOO FAR!

It is absolutely ridiculous, and what is more crazy is people are accepting this. However, most of these "orders" are likely unenforceable and possibly illegal, but since court system is shut down......

Not trying to make poltical, but Ann Coulter put forward some potential information to put it in perspective

First, who’s dying? It appears to be mostly the old, people with specific medical conditions and vapers.

To be sure, that’s not as important as daily updates on Chris Cuomo’s personal battle with the coronavirus, but it might be kind of important to the 17 million Americans who’ve been thrown out of work, many of whom are not elderly, immunocompromised or vapers.

Second, the “what.” What exactly constitutes a “coronavirus death”?

It turns out a person with Stage 4 lung cancer and a bullet through the heart will be counted as a “coronavirus death” if he also tested positive for the disease, OR merely exhibited symptoms associated with it (symptoms that are coextensive with the flu and pneumonia).

We’re told that, if anything, coronavirus deaths are being undercounted because the numbers don’t include those who die of it at home.

If so, then the death count also excludes those who die at home of other things, like heart attacks and poisonings. Many of these people might have survived -- except they were too scared to go to a hospital or couldn't find an EMT to take them there, per current edicts.
    Rest of her piece here:
    http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-04-08.html
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I saw a report that a lot of the younger people that are dying are vaping. But the death rate is still no where near the projections. And if we all had the antibody test most people probably already had it in December and January.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Maryland has also shut down recreational boating. One exception is the use of a boat in "fishing for sustenance". So bring a fishing pole. Do make sure you have a license though, and not sure if you can get one right now.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

A performance boat went by last weekend. It had to be doing 70 mph and had a fishing rod sticking up in the back.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

You can get a Fishing license through the DNR website in about 3 minutes. I'm sure that once the weather breaks here everyone will be fishing ""for sustenance".
    Our marina owner tried to tell me (yesterday) I was not "allowed to be here" in the marina . Since we have been onboard I have watched people come and go to their boats , one actually went out and stayed on the hook last Saturday night. The marina also is allowing a non essential business to continue to operate on it's property. We have not used our boat (yet!). We have been here onboard since 3/18 ,Governor Hogan made the "shelter in place ", "stay at home order" 3/30 so if I left the boat now I would be violating the order!!! I told them we were not leaving until this is all over...........Pat

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Maryland has also shut down recreational boating. One exception is the use of a boat in "fishing for sustenance". So bring a fishing pole. Do make sure you have a license though, and not sure if you can get one right now.
    Maryland was walked theirs back, much like Florida did. I think a lot of this is going to have to do with personal interpretation by those who are on the water to enforce it. MD has a clause referencing, "exigent circumstances". Who is going to define that on the water?

If you aren't a resident of the state where these restrictions have been enacted, seems to me all that you would need would be receipts for fuel/dockage from previous stops to show you are just passing through. That of course assumes you are. I would think this to be especially true if no crew member were outside the boat during operation. Hell, if you see a LEO approaching you in a manner which leads you to believe you may be boarded, just hail them and tell them you've been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are trying to get home.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'm surprised everyone is surprised !

Truly stupid. If I'd been in Seattle rather than Phoenix when the feces hit the fan I would have untied from the dock and headed for the San Juans immediately and dropped anchor in Echo Bay. What better way to social distance than to hang out on the water? We are witnessing the death of common sense and wisdom...

bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az