Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A nice 53 in Los Angeles

In MHO this is one nice 53, they did a great job on the wood work. The whole boat looks good. I am not sure I like the way they opened up the cockpit to the salon but it does make for a wide open space. If I was back in CA and looking I'd sure take a look at this one.

https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/ya...fornia/7375744
    Last edited by Byresch; 03-28-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Re: A nice 53 in Los Angeles

A lot of love and money when into her. Beautiful. Hope they get the asking price.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

That boat was for sale over a year ago for $329,000. A friend of mine looked at it and said it was spectacular. I had heard the it sold for around $300,000. So I think either it fell through and they took it off the market for awhile or it is back on the market again with the person who bought it a year ago. They moved the fly bridge forward. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    A lot of love and money when into her. Beautiful. Hope they get the asking price.
    I normally think people ask too much for an older boat, but if this information and pictures are true I agree with you. She is a lot of boat and looks beautiful.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

What would transport cost back to the Mid Atlantic, east coast ?

It would be very expensive. You could either motor it on its own bottom, which would add a huge number of hours and require transiting the Panama Canal, or get Dockwise or someone like them to bring it as deck freight. I would imagine 30K- that's just a WAG.

It's a nice looking boat. I don't care for what I think is a mirrored ceiling in the salon, if I am seeing it right, and I don't fancy the wooden instrument binnacle on the bridge, but overall it's a very clean nice boat with great looking engine rooms, and stabilizers. Not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    It would be very expensive. You could either motor it on its own bottom, which would add a huge number of hours and require transiting the Panama Canal, or get Dockwise or someone like them to bring it as deck freight. I would imagine 30K- that's just a WAG.

It's a nice looking boat. I don't care for what I think is a mirrored ceiling in the salon, if I am seeing it right, and I don't fancy the wooden instrument binnacle on the bridge, but overall it's a very clean nice boat with great looking engine rooms, and stabilizers. Not cheap.
    It may add a lot of engine hours but transiting the Panama Canal would be a memory worth having in a yacht like this. I'd love to have my health back and be able to do that.
    Regards;
    Byron
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

She's a looker. Maybe we need a timeshare deal to get her back where she belongs.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    She's a looker. Maybe we need a timeshare deal to get her back where she belongs.
    The Hatteras owners out west might take exception to that kind of talk!!! I know I would. LOL
    Regards;
    Byron
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    The Hatteras owners out west might take exception to that kind of talk!!! I know I would. LOL
    Yes, we do....
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331