Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Delivering A 48YF... Again

Funny how things work sometimes, but it looks like I'm going to be delivering HOF'er dwaynec's old boat from Rock Island, IL where I took it from Kuttawa, KY almost seven years ago. I may be crazy to do this right now, but I've confirmed sufficient fuel availability to get to the Chicago area where I'll jump ship and fly or drive (as the case may be) back home. Final destination is Rhode Island, so he's going to have some time to kill before the Erie opens.

Leaving out of Rock Island on the morning of 4/17 and figure it'll take 8-10 days. Could be eating a lot of ham sammiches with all the marina/restaurant closures, but that's not a big deal either. Hopefully the owner doesn't sneeze and trigger my fight or flight reflex.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Delivering A 48YF... Again

It sounds a whole lot better than isolating at home.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I think so too. I'm just hoping nothing stupid happens with domestic flights or one way car rentals. Otherwise, I'll have to have someone come get me.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Are you planning a visit to your friends in Iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by HahnR View Post
    Are you planning a visit to your friends in Iowa?
    Hey Randy, I’d love to, but that would mean going in the wrong direction. I will be calling you to get the scoop on river conditions though. Hope you and your business are doing okay through this virus mess.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'll make sure I keep up to date then! I need to start checking on locks status anyway. The middle to the end of April we will be heading south with ours from La Crosse to Dubuque. So far the river is up, but nothing crazy. Makes for fast lockage & a nice push downstream. Right now the dams are running wide open

With this virus crap I'll bet you're glad you retired!