Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 58' 1979 Yacht Fish QUINTESSENCE IV

Haven’t seen the picture but it sounds beautiful. Having just shopped and purchased an 1989 I wish you the best of luck and hope for all of us you get close to or asking price.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Haven’t seen the picture but it sounds beautiful. Having just shopped and purchased an 1989 I wish you the best of luck and hope for all of us you get close to or asking price.
    Would like to specified the boat has been re-enter to the US and can be sold in US waters! Listed with Denison Yacht sales asking price 399,000$ US.
    Last edited by Louis Tellier; 04-08-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Status Change

In respect to OSCARVAN and FREEBIRD, forgive me Louis. I've thrown you to the Wolves!
    Add the French/English translation, and this could become a free for all!

Pebble Beach boat? Yes OSCARVAN. Would love to hear from TOMREAEST, he was aboard this boat shortly before I sold her. I'm sure he could verify her condition.

I am not sure about re-registration in the US, but I understand it is a simple process.

Riddle me this.

How was a boat in absolutely pristine condition in need of so many upgrades?
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 03-28-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Riddle me this.

How was a boat in absolutely pristine condition in need of so many upgrades?

Everyone's tastes are different? I don't have an answer, but I know if I bought even a "pristine" boat I would still make changes to suit my needs, desires, and tastes. We all, as owners, have need to do lists, want to do lists, and lists that if money was no object we'd do.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Folks like to make something they own actually theirs, even if it was nice to begin with. And tastes vary.

That boat was more than personalized. They did a lot of work and it looks nice. My point is it needed things because it was not Bristol condition. And the aft stateroom conversion is so much better than before.

Too bad she's not stabilized with newer power.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    In respect to OSCARVAN and FREEBIRD, forgive me Louis. I've thrown you to the Wolves!
    Add the French/English translation, and this could become a free for all!

Pebble Beach boat? Yes OSCARVAN. Would love to hear from TOMREAEST, he was aboard this boat shortly before I sold her. I'm sure he could verify her condition.

I am not sure about re-registration in the US, but I understand it is a simple process.
    Hey, I was being nice, and Oscarvan has been currently boatless for as long as I remember.

I think some remember when you were trying (constantly) to make the market fit the value of the price you put on it. Now, as it was then, this boat is at the top of the market by a considerable margin. You found a buyer for it, and I’m sure Louis will too as it’s an exceptional example of a 58YF. With everything that’s going on in our world right now, I’m thinking it will be a tough time to pull top dollar.

Others may disagree, but I think I would hold off listing it until things settle down. It is definitely not a seller’s market.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Hey pizza, switch to corn flakes, I hear they were created to stop self gratification.

If i remember you started at about $600k for the boat. Then after all kinds of reality checks and price drops it sold for probably less than half that. I've been off a little myself but not by that much and I dont get on line and brag about it.

Nobody said it was a dog but without stabilizers and modern engines it would never meet your expectations price wise.

The current owner evidently saw the need to modernize the vessel and according to the latest information spent a lot of money making it more modern and comfortable. I'd be more interested in a 4 stroke powered, stabilized vessel unless it was going to be a.dock queen.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Folks like to make something they own actually theirs, even if it was nice to begin with. And tastes vary.
    That is exactly what we did !