Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Louis Tellier Guest

Re: 58' 1979 Yacht Fish QUINTESSENCE IV

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I was down there a few weeks ago looking at a 53MY with HOF'er Scott Smith that was an absolute pig. Didn't notice your boat. What kind of money are you looking at with yours?

No, I'm not in the market, just curious.
    I am Canadian so my bottom line is CDN money value so at the rate exchange today US to CDN direct sale no broker or sale person commission I am looking at arround $350,000 US. That is the market value form last year survey!

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I was down there a few weeks ago looking at a 53MY with HOF'er Scott Smith that was an absolute pig. Didn't notice your boat. What kind of money are you looking at with yours?

No, I'm not in the market, just curious.
    I know the boat you are talking about! I am at dock H-32 I might of been on my way to the Bahamas by then, but had to turn around because of the Covid-19 restrictions impose on travelers by the US and Canadian authority.

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    There you go guys. Louis is the owner. He has spent his life as a Harbor Pilot for the St. Lawrence Seaway. He is an experienced and conscientious yacht owner, not to mention one heck of a nice guy.
    Thank you Paul for kind words, same goes for you I could not of buy a boat from a Nicer Guy!

The asking price is $399,000 US. And none of you guys are allowed to criticize that price until you have stepped aboard to compare this boat to all the others you have looked at. A 40 year old classic in this condition is very rare. With only 3 overly meticulous owners during her lifetime, along with continuous maintenance and upgrades, QUINTESSENCE IV will make someone a perfect boat for years to come.

Oh and Sky, she now has everything you asked for 7 years ago, except for the stabilizers she doesn't need.

The asking price is $399,000 US. And none of you guys are allowed to criticize that price until you have stepped aboard to compare this boat to all the others you have looked at. A 40 year old classic in this condition is very rare. With only 3 overly meticulous owners during her lifetime, along with continuous maintenance and upgrades, QUINTESSENCE IV will make someone a perfect boat for years to come.

Oh and Sky, she now has everything you asked for 7 years ago, except for the stabilizers she doesn't need.
    Not allowed to criticize?

"You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby!"

Axl Rose

Welcome to the jungle, Louis!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Such creative standard sales blah blah.

And while the pictures do look very nice, I do know there is no comp out there anywhere near the price. And something tells me forward looking estimates are not looking good.

But hey, maybe it would win best of show at Pebble Beach. What do I know.

So why does it not need stabilizers? Curious.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 03-25-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Listed anywhere ?

I own a 1510. IMO, they do need stabs if you get out of the ICW. And even in protected waters, it sure is nice not to get waked.

But, that's okay. Just figure on adding about $60k if you buy it. Add the 60K and now that super nice 65LRC comes close in asking price. There may not be comparisons of the exact model and condition out there but there are comparables of old Hatts in excellent condition of different models. If I was in the market, I would personally consider either of these boats and I don't say that often. Not too many old Hatts meet my standards.

What is she really worth? She's worth what someone is willing to pay, so we'll see. Good luck with her sale. I hope whoever buys her keeps her up in similar fashion and doesn't just 'use it up'.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Very pretty boat! Love what you did in the galley!
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Listed anywhere ?
    Not listed Yet! If I list with a broker the price is 399,000$