Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: 58' 1979 Yacht Fish QUINTESSENCE IV

I hope your wife recovers quickly and completely. Good luck with the sale, I wish I was in the market right now but am keeping my powder dry as things shake out with world events. Stay healthy and safe.

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jsherid1 View Post
    I hope your wife recovers quickly and completely. Good luck with the sale, I wish I was in the market right now but am keeping my powder dry as things shake out with world events. Stay healthy and safe.
    Thank you Jsherid1, but my wife has a degenerative disease and it is also incurable that is why am selling the Boat. She is stable for now!

Louis Tellier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    You had me at Loran C. I hope she still has it!
    No Loran C was removed!

Louis;

I finally looked at your listing, she is definitely a beautiful boat. I wish you luck but I see other 58 yacht fishers that have been listed for a couple of years that are a lot cheaper than yours so you'll need lots of luck at your price.

I'll post the link for you:
    https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/ya...lorida/7427179
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

According to the listing you spent over $350k on the boat recently. And she still has detroits and rudimentary electronics.

Where did all the money go?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Looks like all of the exterior wood has been painted. What a shame.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hi Byresh and Boats B. Since the 58 in this discussion is near and dear to my heart, I disagree. There is a world we live in where some folks are amazing do it yourselfers. Some people are masters at getting stuff done for a bargain price. The rest of us rely on professional maintenance which is decidedly more expensive. Apples to Apples.

It is impossible to judge a boat or its value based on the listings. This is especially critical when you consider 50 year old wiring, 50 year old electrical panels, 50 year old plumbing, 50 year old fuel lines, and 50 year old everything else. The boats themselves suddenly aren't equal at all.

Over the past 10 years, virtually every 'system' on QUINTESSENCE IV has been professionally replaced or updated. Prior to that, when I bought the boat from her original owner in 2010, she had already led a pampered life undercover at Bradford in Ft. Lauderdale. At the time there wasn't any reason to even considering a repower as the 871TIs only had 890 original hours. This is a very rare case where a boat has been both loved and professionally maintained for her entire life. What value is that?

Yes Sky, I was totally distressed when Louis painted out the exterior woods. It broke my heart! At least all the original interior woods remain beautiful.

The boat does look yo be perfect, but I haven’t been on a 53 or 58 that didn’t roll in a beam sea without stabilizers. $60,000.00. To install .

As I read this thread and many much like it in reference to asking price and the value of the boat. Please indulge me while I offer my opinion.
    The value of any boat is only what somebody is willing to pay. That value is determined by what an individual sees value in.
    Where I look at Detroit diesels as a plus as they are simple and reliable while dropping the monetary value others may not look at them as a plus.
    I guess what I am trying to say is all the offered opinions of the owners asking price are just BS as unless you are a prospective buyer.
    When buying I never even consider the asking price. I will look at the item and determine what it is worth to me. My offer will be under that just as the buyers asking price is above what he is ultimately willing to take.

More importantly to current owner good luck with the sale and hoping you and your wife can enjoy a high quality of life going forward. My thoughts are with you. I wish I could afford your Hat s she is beautiful and the boat I always dreamed of owning.
    Mike

I'm saddened to hear the reason this exceptional Hatteras is for sale.

I inquired about it with Denison last week, having come across it online, before reading this post.
    My first impression was also...what an amazing condition this classic is in! Was disappointed in the painted rails, the fact the bow port lights were removed...and yes, no stabilizers. I have heard these 1510's need stabilizers and did have them on our last boat.

It would have been exceptional if it was re-powered yes, but then, the Detroits are bullet-proof and reliable when maintained and that certainly doesn't seem to be an issue with this 58!
    I ran a pair of 871N's for years and they were great...except for trying to keep a clean engine room...and they're not at all up to today's environmental standards.

Everything else that has been done to the boat looks absolutely great and so well done with taste and attention to detail.

The 58 YF is one amazing boat and I do hope whomever the lucky buyer is; does take care of her as she is a classic worth preserving!

I; am looking for a quality 67 CPMY ideally and the only reason I considered looking at this was when I think of handling and size by a couple...it's just the right size.

We boat the Great Lakes and Georgian Bay...with aspirations of likely heading South again (if you Americans get your act together again some day...yikes - I don't want to get political...actually love you guys)...

Tom East..we've chatted about the 58 or 67...I'm still leaning towards a 67 but had to stop and take a look at this 58 which was my dreamboat since I saw my first one in Atlantic City back in '76!

If I find, and I have found a few, the right 67, I will be considering a re-power with something like theC12.9's...and yes, am well aware of the cost...huge. That said, I intend to keep the boat for a long time, and just love new technology in an a classic frame!

If anyone knows of a well cared for 67 CPMY worth considering...please let me know (in a separate thread of course or message) thank you...

Louis...all the best and best wishes for your wife and I do hope the right buyer comes along and sees the value in this 58..it's amazing and needs a good home!

Michael
    Last edited by CanadianBoater; 09-12-2020 at 05:59 PM.