Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boat wax

Boat wax

What have you all found to be the best boat wax? Going to try to do from rub rail up myself this year.

Re: Boat wax

I you get 100 replies to this, you'll get 100 different answers. I like Yachtbrite ProPolish. YMMV.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

My manual says not to wax the Imron paint and to use wax free soap. Finesse It ll for polishing. Thats if you do it by the book

This is by far the best I’ve found. Recommended by a fellow Hatteras owner. Easy on easy off. Great shine, last a full season. If you apply more often the shine increases. Great product.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Hello, I'm not supposed to wax awl grip either but I use meguiars cleaner then pure wax after that. Really helps in stopping bird droppings from staining.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    This is by far the best I’ve found. Recommended by a fellow Hatteras owner. Easy on easy off. Great shine, last a full season. If you apply more often the shine increases. Great product.
    Seven,

Do you use the "Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze" in addition to the
    Klasse All-In-One Polish"? or do you just use the polish?

Trying to decide if I should buy both or just the one?

Mark
    lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC

Collinite, the paste wax. Seems to last reasonably well. What did not was AwlCare. didn't seem to do much but cost a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I have to agree with Seven on this one. I always used this also.

Attachment 39162
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd