Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Panish Control Levers

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Are you able to remove the handle/handles from the shaft.
    If yes how about a photo?
    Thinking you might be able to adapt a different handle to work on your control.

Also, are those the Panish controls that operate through a separate box using a big thick cable with the ball bearings or do they work more like a regular Morse type control using 33 or 43 cables?

Pretty sure I remember when Panish closed somebody posted on line somewhere about contact info for parts, just can't remember exactly. Were they from CT????
    I’ve thought about trying to separate the lever from the shaft to see If I could mount a different handle. Wanted to see what might be out there for parts first. My next thought was trying to drill the remaining part but still use the top part as well and thread a longer stud through both.. That may be the route I go for now. I think I have one more lever, but we’ve moved and don’t have everything unpacked yet.

I have left a couple of messages last week on the number you suggested. Haven’t heard anything back yet. My last option would be to change the tower controls over to Morse, SeaStar, etc.

Thanks,

Blaine
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I'm waiting for this thread to take a turn for the gutter.
    Slow crowd, Nobody picked up on it yet.

If you're going to change the entire unit take a good look at Kobelt, as far as i"m concerned none of the others are even close to their quality, all bronze and stainless, no pot metal etc. CL Associates in Ft Lauderdale really knows their away around this stuff to point you in the right direction.

http://kobelt.com/products/marine-th...eads-push-pull

CL Associates have the Kobelt 2046 control custom made for an easy Palm Beach single lever control install. This model only works for a single station but theres lots of other models and configs.Cricket Helm 1.jpgCricket Helm 2.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cricket; 03-21-2020 at 10:37 PM.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    If you're going to change the entire unit take a good look at Kobelt, as far as i"m concerned none of the others are even close to their quality, all bronze and stainless, no pot metal etc. CL Associates in Ft Lauderdale really knows their away around this stuff to point you in the right direction.

http://kobelt.com/products/marine-th...eads-push-pull

CL Associates have the Kobelt 2046 control custom made for an easy Palm Beach single lever control install. This model only works for a single station but theres lots of other models and configs.
    I’ll take a look. Could put those on the bridge and move the bridge controls to the tower.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

Blaine, I just found a box with More control levers in it, would they fit the Panish controls, you think? I don't know if they are the same thread dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Slow crowd, Nobody picked up on it yet.
    I saw he had teak balls but didn’t want to kick I guy when he was down.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Just purchased some welding rods of the internet that claims they can weld pot metal. That is what those look like. I have not tryed them yet but they claim to have a low melting point so you can use a propane torch, just clean and bevel the crack.
    wire brush and grinder. watch the video on you tube. Low temp aluminium welding rod. By far the easiest and fasted way to repair.l the

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Blaine, I just found a box with More control levers in it, would they fit the Panish controls, you think? I don't know if they are the same thread dimension.
    Jim, Would you have photos. The handles don’t come off of the shaft. The critical dimension would be the shaft diameter and length.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

I haven’t done anything as yet. For now I am going to swap levers with the port throttle. If I leave it in sync I won’t have to use that one much.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

no these are separate handles sorry