Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Oil Price Just Collapsed 25% with more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wright View Post
    West Texas Intermediant (WTI) is trading at $31.69 per barrel now and headed lower.
    Yep, that's another 25% drop over the 25% weekend drop. We were at $53/barrel just 2 weeks ago. $25/brl should yield $1.50/gal.

So if you are going to burn the fuel out of the country you don’t have to pay the tax? I did not know that, is that because you are a charter boat? Or can anyone take advantage?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

We just received an email from Alaska Airline with flights starting at $20.00 each way, of course that may be Ft Lauderdale to Miami.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    So if you are going to burn the fuel out of the country you don’t have to pay the tax? I did not know that, is that because you are a charter boat? Or can anyone take advantage?
    It s a state law. Most Marinas do not know about it or don’t want to apply it but delivery trucks and Peterson Barge do. Applies whether your private or commercial.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Diesel use (non Highway) No TAX

Oil just went below $30.

I may pull the trigger soon for 1000 gallons even though my Bahamas trip is not for a few months.

I just called Peterson Fuel Barge and was told that if it is a water-to-water transfer and the vessel is leaving US waters, no sales tax is due. You just need to sign an affidavit to that effect. They want two days notice and payment by cash, check or money order. Credit card is a 4% surcharge.

Today’s price: $2.31 per gallon.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I just called Peterson Fuel Barge and was told that if it is a water-to-water transfer and the vessel is leaving US waters, no sales tax is due. You just need to sign an affidavit to that effect. They want two days notice and payment by cash, check or money order. Credit card is a 4% surcharge.

Today’s price: $2.31 per gallon.
    We have a fuel oil company make truck deliveries at our yacht club. I just called to schedule a delivery. The price is being revised hourly. This hours price is.....

wait for it.....

…..$1.89/gallon, 1000 gallon minimum. They are booked until Monday, Who know where the price will be then.

This is the lowest I have seen for diesel in 16 years.

As an airline pilot I can only be grateful for this silver lining. Fuel is our second biggest cost after labor. Our business is in the crapper right now and hundreds of thousands of employees will be affected. Every little bit helps. Meanwhile I'm out burning diesel in my motorhome and expect to go below $2 with my fleet card any moment.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    As an airline pilot I can only be grateful for this silver lining. .
    Now the trick for airlines is to convince the flying public to fly again.