Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Oil Price Just Collapsed 25% with more to come

A small consolation to the virus panic, oil is dropping fast. We are now in low 40's with even lower price projected as demand continues to drop in response to COVID-19.

My tanks are down about 1000 gallons. I figure $1.75-$2/gallon diesel will be available end of March-Early April.

My stocks investments will be in the toilet so I might as well go cruising.

Re: Oil Price Just Collapsed 25% with more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    A small consolation to the virus panic, oil is dropping fast. We are now in low 40's with even lower price projected as demand continues to drop in response to COVID-19.

My tanks are down about 1000 gallons. I figure $1.75-$2/gallon diesel will be available end of March-Early April.

My stocks investments will be in the toilet so I might as well go cruising.
    The cruising will brighten your sunsets and take your mind off your stock portfolio.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Sailboat futures crash
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

West Texas Intermediant (WTI) is trading at $31.69 per barrel now and headed lower.

You guys must not live in California. When oil prices go up our fuel prices go up the next day, when oil prices go down our fuel prices drop like a penny per month if that. Once the oil company’s think we are used to a fuel price it usually stays where it is for a long time even with a drop in oil prices. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Unleaded in Nor Cal $3.15 at Costco
    Diesel $3.60 at Costco
    We get screwed in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Unleaded in Nor Cal $3.15 at CostcoDiesel $3.60 at CostcoWe get screwed in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    Costco here: Unleaded $1.859 this morning. Highway diesel locally $2.159 today. Marine diesel around $2.50+. Probably take a bit longer to drop. But with migration time starting, marinas should be able to turnover their stocks and replenish with lower priced fuel. One or two marinas around here will drop the price encouraging a few others to follow suit to stay competitive. At least that’s my theory.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I was hoping this would be one good side effect of this virus mania. Hopefully the fuel discounts will stay in place through May (will save Sadey a TON of money), even though I hope the virus doesn't. Getting cheap fuel doesn't help much if you're stuck in bed or worse.

I wonder if airline prices will take a dive too. I can't imagine being in the cruise ship business right now.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just got 1100 USG at 2.41 this morning (no tax since we re leaving to Bahamas). It was 2.64 a few weeks ago and today’s collapse isn’t even reflected at the pump yet
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I wonder if airline prices will take a dive too. I can't imagine being in the cruise ship business right now.
    Yep, Daughter just booked a flight from Boston to FLL for under a hundred. Told her to wear a mast, turn off the overhead vent and sanitize the tray table and arm rests.