Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: New Electrical Thoughts/Design

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    No way to charge the 12v batteries from the alternators as a backup?
    My thoughts on that are if underway the gen set is feeding ac voltage and if at dock hooked to shore power. Either way the converter/charger is maintaining the 12v system. if worse came to worse in any case would have more batteries available than fuel.

Re: New Electrical Thoughts/Design

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Where are you located?

12 volt as a subsystem leaves a big question for charging.

If you dont have a 12v alternator then you need a way to keep the 12 volt stuff running wi th h 9i UV running AC.

PM me if your interested in getting it designed correctly.

Theres a lot to be considered. Especially on a tear our where the insurance company will want it up to modern standards.
    Boat is currently in south florida currently looking for live a board slip further north in FL on the East coast.

The Converter/Charger ac in dc out
    My thoughts on that are if underway the gen set is feeding ac voltage and if at dock hooked to shore power. Either way the converter/charger is maintaining the 12v system. if worse came to worse in any case would have more batteries available than fuel.
    I appreciate all input, there will be lots of things to work out in the system.