Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

70 Foot with Euro Transom

This boat is offered for sale in San Diego, they took her down to Baja Naval Shipyard in Ensenada, Baja California Mexico and added a Euro transom to her. They added 5 feet to her length to enable them to do this, I like the look of the transom. I had some work done to my sailboat when I lived in San Diego at Baja Naval and they are a reputable yard that does very good work.

This is the listing, I will be interested to hear other's opinions of the transom:

https://crowsnestyachts.com/inventor...otor-yacht-70/
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Re: 70 Foot with Euro Transom

Beautiful boat for sure! Love that lighter interior wood, and the Euro transom looks great. That had to be one hell of an expense.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The problem with that boat is... this boat. How much is that Euro transom worth?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...yacht-3540464/
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This is a beautiful boat. It’s been for sale for 4+ years.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I know the boat and the biggest problem with it is the overhead panels have the vinyl coming loose all over the boat. They just reduced the price and it is still way to high. Look close at the photos and you will see what I mean. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I know the boat and the biggest problem with it is the overhead panels have the vinyl coming loose all over the boat. They just reduced the price and it is still way to high. Look close at the photos and you will see what I mean. John
    I would think with that high an asking priced coupled with what's already been spent on the boat, that would be an easy fix they should have made before they ever put it on the market.

Beautiful boat, but WAY overpriced.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I agree the price is extremely high. I missed the overhead panels, I guess I was too impressed with the transom.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Bird, I like the one you posted a lot better. AND it's on the East Coast. AND it's a lot less money. And it's not a remake of an existing hull design, although I'm sure the first one was done carefully.

Hey folks. The one in Jupiter is my boat and I just dropped the price by 100K for a quick sale. It will be gone by March 31st so if anyone is interested, contact my broker.

The work done on the one in San Diego is first rate and looks like it was done in the factory when the boat was built. Really cool looking LED lights on the stairs going down to the stern. I am right across the channel from that boat and they leave the lights on all the time.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.