Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: #2 Key for Wing Door

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I’d try another locksmith. If he’s the type that’s forgotten more than most ever knew, maybe look for one that hasn’t forgotten quite so much. You have nothing to lose......
    I second that, it might just be that he didn't have the Blanks. Had a rent drop box I did have a key to fit it, I had to supply the blanks.

call Kellys Locks in Ft Lauderdale
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

I went by yesterday and got two of the 3 licks working. The 3rd is soaking rust remover to free it up. We found 4 keys that work so that is no longer a need.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by GinnupsGirl View Post
    I'm in need of a #2 key for an old Dexter lock. Ed told me that Dexter discontinued making the lock over 20 years ago; Dexter was bought out by Master Lock, and then later dropped.

Installing a new lock set will require modification to the wing doors, something I'd rather not have to do.

The #2 is stamped on the key way.

I've gone through the bag of keys that came with Katerina.... I'm hoping someone on this great site has one!
    Thanks for looking. Rebecca
    Still having problems? I might have the key cuts coming for Dexter 0-9 Keys.