Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Rear trans/engine mounts

I’m trying to identify the make of these mounts. They are showing signs off wear and would like to replace them. They are on Detroit 6V92 with a Detroit transmission which I believe is a Twin Disc.

Re: Rear trans/engine mounts

I have noticed these mounts on other brands of boats. Your mount looks great compared to them.
    I have often wondered, if you could just rotate that round insert 180 degrees, could you get more life out of them?

Don't forget, your alignment relies on these mounts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    I have noticed these mounts on other brands of boats. Your mount looks great compared to them.
    I have often wondered, if you could just rotate that round insert 180 degrees, could you get more life out of them?

Don't forget, your alignment relies on these mounts also.
    Thats a great idea to rotate them, worth a try. If I do I'll check alignment .

Thanks

BTW, It was an ole Chris Craft with 92s that I recall those mounts in.
    Give your engines serial and hull number into Sam's parts AND your better Detroit shop. They may come up with something.

Rotating deteriorating rubber will not renew it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Solana View Post
    Thats a great idea to rotate them, worth a try. If I do I'll check alignment .Thanks
    I think that’s a terrible idea. You’d flunk you’re engine survey if you went to sell her. Backing down hard will make them shift. New motor mount time.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC