Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Raritan Elegance or Atlantes?

I finally started building the new forward head (where the dinette used to be) and have decided not to rebuild the vacuflush I had in the old fwd head. By the time I rebuild the pump, seals, water valve and vac switch it will be over $500...

I know many have been happy with the Atlantes heads but what about the Raritan Elegance? Seems to be $300 cheaper...

Here are a few pics of the new head under construction. Much bigger than the old one . 40x24 Shower will be behind the door. Empty space under the counter is for a vented washer dryer combo
    Last edited by Pascal; 02-21-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Raritan Elegance or Atlantes?

I put two Elegance in last year and they seem to be very nice units and don't use much water. The thing I would have done differently is to get the tall units instead of standard. It's a long way down there.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    I put two Elegance in last year and they seem to be very nice units and don't use much water. The thing I would have done differently is to get the tall units instead of standard. It's a long way down there.
    And out knees ain’t getting better with age
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I just got an email from Defender they are on sale for 20% off. 24 volt for $600.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Nine trouble free years with the Elegance. It's the bomb. Best time to buy is the Defender spring sale next month.
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

I don't think that they offer the 32 volt Atlantes anymore. Fantastic product. all freshwater. got the oversize bowl in the master. get the biggest you can fit in there.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Thabks for the feedback!! Voltage is not an issue since the boat is 24v. Looks I m going to go with the tall elegance.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Great advice on the tall Elegance, where were you guys when I bought mine. I ended up putting a big laminated teak block under mine, which works just fine, but I agree they are great toilets. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

What’s the difference? I have the Atlantes.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I installed the eleganze large bowl, tall and put a three inch mahogany block under it, maximum comfort and never any trouble. Eight years later and five star recommendation.

Walt Hoover