Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

I have the same head configuation as Robert. My #3 guest head needs a new stator. Naturally #3 is the hardest one to get to. Looking for some tips/suggestions on the best way to remove the hoses so I can get the pump out. I'd imagine they are are welded on there.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

Quote Originally Posted by cenger View Post
    I have the same head configuation as Robert. My #3 guest head needs a new stator. Naturally #3 is the hardest one to get to. Looking for some tips/suggestions on the best way to remove the hoses so I can get the pump out. I'd imagine they are are welded on there.
    While it is possible to unbolt cone and pull the pump, a stuck waste hose may be indicative of a larger problem. There could be a damn of hardened material building up in the nipple. Nothing easy about this; it’ll require chipping. So you might unbolt to make pulling the waste end a little easier.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I put one check valve in my bow head GM system, this is because it would loose prime when running the boat , GM recommends this. It was a pain to get it to work. I had to reduce the spring size to get it to open easily. It now works okay. A gate valve type might work better, although GM recommends the spring type. Good luck , with enough effort , anything can be overcome.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I use a heat gun to soften the bond between hose and nipple.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

5. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

I bought a Raz GM Reman Pump so I'm going to pull the old pump out and keep it as a spare. Looking forward to a S#*tty weekend. Pun intended.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C

I bought a Raz GM Reman Pump so I'm going to pull the old pump out and keep it as a spare. Looking forward to a S#*tty weekend. Pun intended.
    Fill it up with white vinegar overnight. That’ll help dissolve some of your concrete.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

7. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

New pump is in toilet will flush but not refill with water. Both stators are new. Any thoughts 0n the problem?
    SCUSI
    1981 55C

New pump is in toilet will flush but not refill with water. Both stators are new. Any thoughts 0n the problem?
    Have you loosened the priming plug and verified water at the pump?Did you lube the stator so it wouldn’t run dry?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

9. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

I did silicon the stator and prime the pump. Return hose is not clogged
    SCUSI
    1981 55C

I did silicon the stator and prime the pump. Return hose is not clogged
    Can’t think of any reason it isn’t filling if water flows freely at the priming plug. Worn out rotor? Was the stator/rotor fit snug? Tried it with a stub hose on the output?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC