Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

Was a bad brand new stator. I swapped the stator from the old pump and it pumped as it should. Thanks for the help.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

2. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

Lessons learned from taking out and Galley Maid head pump. 1) Heat gun made the hose removeal relatively easy. I have the wire style and it did help. I also put a shot of Krol Oil around the hoses which is designed to creep and alowed them to pop off with only a bit of convincing. 2) Only buy stators from reputable suppliers (Sam's, Raz). As noted in other posts, there is a lot of junk on the market, spending a few dollars more is way better than having to do this nasty job 2X which is what I had to do. 3) True Value carries a X-O spray paint (color Reed) that is a good match if you want to clean the pump up. 4)Convince you first mate you are too big to fit and they will have to do it.
    Jen GM Head.jpg
    SCUSI
    1981 55C

Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

Good post. At least you don't have a bow truster up there. That really makes it tough. So where did you get the bad stator?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

4. Re: Galley Maid Head Pump Re-Plumination

Bad stator was purchased on ebay, I saved $10 but cost Jen 2 more hours in the bilge.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C

what happens if two heads are flushed at the same time? or all three? Will it function? Might be a dumb question.
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsmyth View Post
    what happens if two heads are flushed at the same time? or all three? Will it function? Might be a dumb question.
    I think you're speaking to me re the original post. It's not a dumb question at all. I had to figure it out or my modification would have been a bust.

I ended up making this manifold to intake off of one sea strainer and feed all three heads as shown. Check valves are shown to ensure one head couldn't pull from another bowl. Due to the difficulty in getting the old hoses out, I wasn't sure which strainer I'd use. That's why there's a plug at one end. Plus, I have to option to shift sources should I need to press the supply into service for a stand-alone AC in the future.
    IMG_1343.jpg
    So to answer your question, I had couple of extra people onboard one day and we conducted a maximum effort flush test. All the bowls refilled to their expected levels. Modification Hatteras Owner Approved.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Yes,
    Was to for the original post. Sorry about that, glad to hear it all worked out! Im having an issue with my guest head filling while underway. Just started doing this......
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

Quote Originally Posted by cenger View Post
    Lessons learned from taking out and Galley Maid head pump. 1) Heat gun made the hose removeal relatively easy. I have the wire style and it did help. I also put a shot of Krol Oil around the hoses which is designed to creep and alowed them to pop off with only a bit of convincing. 2) Only buy stators from reputable suppliers (Sam's, Raz). As noted in other posts, there is a lot of junk on the market, spending a few dollars more is way better than having to do this nasty job 2X which is what I had to do. 3) True Value carries a X-O spray paint (color Reed) that is a good match if you want to clean the pump up. 4)Convince you first mate you are too big to fit and they will have to do it.
    I didn't know Crow Oil would work with hoses. Makes sense though as it does creep for bolts. Gonna have to try that. On item 4 how much did that one cost you? Im lucky to have mine go fetch tools while I am in the bilge. I have to do some work on one of mine. It gets air locked when I put tabs in the strainer and the bleed screw is stripped. I have been loosening the hose until I can get it out. Glad I dont have a bow thruster either