Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: DC voltage conversion

I was amazed when I installed a Victron battery monitor and saw how many amps the DD starters draw. I think it was in the thousands at 32 volts. Maybe they are not accurate at those loads.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Not sure if it's the money, time or just to lazy. My 42 year old, Bertram is still a 32Vdc Bertram.
    I keep spares and keep eyes open at used part shops. Sell 32Vdc parts all over.

My new windlass is 24Vdc. It is not a constant use devise, so it can tap off the top of the third 8V battery for 24Vdc with no problems.

Don't let 32V scare you. There are some 48V boats and options still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    I was amazed when I installed a Victron battery monitor and saw how many amps the DD starters draw. I think it was in the thousands at 32 volts. Maybe they are not accurate at those loads.
    In a 12 volt system it is about 1800 CCA to start an 8-71.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY