Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Where are the 58 Tri-Cabins?

The Admiral and I looked at a 58' Tri-Cabin, early 70's version a few years ago. They were not the wide-bodies, but seemed to be stretched 53 footers. Try as I might, I do find any of them on Yachtworld for sale these days. Are they around, are just that few of them, or do the owners simply hang on to them?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Where are the 58 Tri-Cabins?

The 58 MY series one is similar to a 53MY in that it has the split engine rooms. The 58 Tri Cabin, looks more like a 43DC like you have with a lower salon with the engine room below that. Which one are you searching for?

58 MY series II

58 Tri Cabin
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 02-16-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I looked at a few about 20 years ago . Two of them had 12-V71Ns , both in tremendous shape, one was in Annapolis , owned by a retired Admiral. I loved the classic lines ,much like a Burger that I could not afford! I too wonder where they went. Not many older classic boats are here in Miami.
    Last edited by jmooney; 02-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I love them too, to me a 63’ triple cabin with a cockpit would be just about perfect!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

There were a few for a while, at the moment this is the only one for sale that I am aware of.....

It's a non starter for me with the engines under the lower salon floor with no standing height.

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1...yacht-3510917/
    Last edited by oscarvan; 02-17-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    There were a few for a while, at the moment this is the only one for sale that I am aware of.....

It's a non starter for me with the engines under the lower salon floor with no standing height.
    That answer is simple. Go to the 70 footer series I of the same design. They have stand up engineroom. IMHO with the lines drawn out to 70 ft it's a more graceful profile.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 02-17-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    That answer is simple. Go to the 70 footer series I of the same design. They have stand up engineroom. IMHO with the lines drawn out to 70 ft it's a more graceful profile.
    Why didn't I think of that! And yes, those are VERY nice looking boats.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1...yacht-3510917/
    That one is a pig. You can stand all you want by popping three hatches in the salon floor, and simple ER checks are accomplished by either raising the center hatch or entering via the galley and the fold up stairs. There are plenty of Hatteras examples that provide much less access.

I still think the 58TC is the prettiest boat Hatteras ever built. I know of only one that’s in really nice condition, and it may be coming back onto the market by its current liveaboard owners.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Second prettiest boat Hatteras ever built.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    That one is a pig. You can stand all you want by popping three hatches in the salon floor
    Yes, this one doesn't even look good in the pictures.

Moving furniture every time you want to work on the motors is a PITA.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay