Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

which boats for sale search?

Which boats for sale search site do you all like the best? The reason that I ask is that YachtWorld (parent company Boatsgroup) monthly service cost to brokers is increasing by 30% next month. This is on top of a 30% increase this same time last year. HOF member Vince tells me that the YachtWorld search which was "updated" a few months ago really sucks now. Boats.com is the same company as is boattrader.com Vince tells me that the boats.com search is still pretty good. There are tons of boat MLS for sale sites out there - some are not as well known. I'd like to know whcih site you like the best and use the most as I prepare to be held up at gunpoint for another price increase from YachtWorld/Boatsgroup.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Re: which boats for sale search?

Yachtworld is my number one source.

If you click on the top right and select the UK (And I believe Australia as well) you go back to the old format. Yes, the new one is very poorly designed.

I suspect that in time another platform will gain the dominance as YW programs and prices itself out of the market. For the moment they are still, for me, "it".
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Which boats for sale search site do you all like the best? The reason that I ask is that YachtWorld (parent company Boatsgroup) monthly service cost to brokers is increasing by 30% next month. This is on top of a 30% increase this same time last year. HOF member Vince tells me that the YachtWorld search which was "updated" a few months ago really sucks now. Boats.com is the same company as is boattrader.com Vince tells me that the boats.com search is still pretty good. There are tons of boat MLS for sale sites out there - some are not as well known. I'd like to know whcih site you like the best and use the most as I prepare to be held up at gunpoint for another price increase from YachtWorld/Boatsgroup.
    As I mentioned to Eric, Yachtworld whent through some changeover pains while moving to their new format. Worse thing they did is eliminate the "Regional Search" on the web site. It may still be available on the mobile app...I haven't checked.
    Kind of a pain having to click on each state individually, in order to search boats. Boats.com still has a regional search. I use both, but not happy with losing some search options in YW.

I personally use a Google search if I'm looking for a specific boat. That will turn up listings on Yachtworld, BoatTrader, Craigslist, eBay... pretty much everything where one is listed for sale. Short of that, I use BoatTrader as that gets me FSBO listings and helps me avoid those pesky brokers.

OOPS!! Did I say that out loud?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Yachtworld is my number one source.

If you click on the top right and select the UK (And I believe Australia as well) you go back to the old format. Yes, the new one is very poorly designed.

I suspect that in time another platform will gain the dominance as YW programs and prices itself out of the market. For the moment they are still, for me, "it".
    I do the same thing, I still like Yachtworld.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Boat Trader and Craig's.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

YW, but to me it's terrible for a 2020 sales site. But I feel I will see all of the brokered boats there. Boat Trader to catch everything else every now and then.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's