Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: 65' Long Range Cruiser

Hatteras took the 58 LRC mold and lengthened it the 7 feet. They kept the taper going so the aft cabin master is narrower and they added a cabin aft making the aft master cabin shorter. Many folks like the extra guest cabin over the 58, I prefer a larger master and no other people down the aft steps. Except the grandkids.

Skooch
    Sassafras River MD

Quote Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
    Hatteras took the 58 LRC mold and lengthened it the 7 feet. They kept the taper going so the aft cabin master is narrower and they added a cabin aft making the aft master cabin shorter. Many folks like the extra guest cabin over the 58, I prefer a larger master and no other people down the aft steps. Except the grandkids.

Skooch
    Sassafras River MD
    What I liked about the 65 was the option to get that dinette in the pilothouse. That made it like most of today's trawlers like the Flemings and Marlows, etc. I wonder how many were made with that option?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The dinette was a great option, those boats that have the dinette seem to have the aft deck enclosed as a part of the salon. I would rather not have an enclosed aft deck , but it seems a lot of owners like to do this. My neighbor in N.C. had the last 58 LRC that was produced. Unfortunately for me, he sold it around 2000 for $765,000 , every 58LRC owner now thought their boat was worth the same. Now no hope of me getting one. I made an offer of $425k for one, they laughed me away. Two years later it sold for $330k. I had moved on. The fact that modern trawlers are getting older and dropping in price has got to effect the price of the LRCs.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    The dinette was a great option, those boats that have the dinette seem to have the aft deck enclosed as a part of the salon. I would rather not have an enclosed aft deck , but it seems a lot of owners like to do this. My neighbor in N.C. had the last 58 LRC that was produced. Unfortunately for me, he sold it around 2000 for $765,000 , every 58LRC owner now thought their boat was worth the same. Now no hope of me getting one. I made an offer of $425k for one, they laughed me away. Two years later it sold for $330k. I had moved on. The fact that modern trawlers are getting older and dropping in price has got to effect the price of the LRCs.
    Here's the thing....that boat falls into a high demand category for all of the right reasons, and the purchase price is going to remain strong for that reason coupled with the limited supply. The size, the space, the range, the amenities, it checks all of the boxes. Always will.

We were on this lovely LRC at the Trawler Fest Show in Stuart, Fl a few months ago. It’s amazing what the condition is after its refit/s. It’s like a new yacht. Everything is soooooooo sweet. The engine room is super clean. Not just ‘no dirt’ clean, but crazy clean. Yes, it’s all been redone, but...... The choice of materials, equipment and etc was really well done. The exterior might as well been new. It’s simply gorgeous. One of, if not ‘the’, nicest we’ve been on during our search.
    Congrats to the new owner. They’ll be the hit of party everywhere they go. (I used to have an expression I used in some advertising about wildly painted go-fasts. “Not for the Shy”.)
    Last edited by Finnley; 09-06-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    ................ Always will.
    It probably won't demand the premium once the boomers start closing their checkbook and selling their boats.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    It probably won't demand the premium once the boomers start closing their checkbook and selling their boats.
    Especially as the newer improved models start to age. The buyers in the 200-500k range would never consider buying new and were forced to look at these older classics. Now that those that bought new are upgrading the supply for boats in the 200-500k range are going to go through the roof.

Those of us who like the classics and are DIY friendly should do really well if they have the time/knowledge to upgrade one of these old girls when they come up for cheap. I mean I'm seeing 50'+ Hatteras in cruisable condition selling for $25k! Nuts!

Cruisable condition @ 25K - Where?

Quote Originally Posted by VieEnRose View Post
    Especially as the newer improved models start to age. The buyers in the 200-500k range would never consider buying new and were forced to look at these older classics. Now that those that bought new are upgrading the supply for boats in the 200-500k range are going to go through the roof.

Those of us who like the classics and are DIY friendly should do really well if they have the time/knowledge to upgrade one of these old girls when they come up for cheap. I mean I'm seeing 50'+ Hatteras in cruisable condition selling for $25k! Nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Cruisable condition @ 25K - Where?
    There was a 60's 50' Hatt MY in Stuart a couple months ago with a somewhat new generator and newer Garmin electronics with AP and radar. Had a couple price reductions and last I saw it before it sold it was listed for $25k,