Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 65' Long Range Cruiser

Carry On sold, owner kept the name. Headed up the ICW recently i heard towards New England. Great boat.

Well, they made a few of them; not many, but they are out there. Hope you find the one you want. Or should I say another one you want.

I think they made 9. Rare as hens teeth but sought after by many.

I think one was torn up by cleandini years ago. I dont know its fate. I think a bank owned it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I remember that thread. He didn't finish the boat, or it might be more accurate to say he didn't finish it off. I think it DID go to the bank holding a lien. Wonder what became of it.

I looked at the clean dini boat when it was for sale by the repo company. It was solid, but pretty much gutted. For the money they cost, I think there are much better options out there than the hatt LRC, but they do have a good following.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I like the 63 better myself if I was buying a Hatteras. They are different types of boats for different purposes but I'd much rather have a 63 over a LRC. I love the galley up layout on those.

Hatteras made 13 65 LRCs. One was lost off California in the 90s RIP. One was lost in Katrina. CleaniDini boat was hull number1 sold. Very cheaply and ended up in South America as a dive charter. I think there are three 65s in the hatterasLRC.com club including Carry On.
    Skooch 58 Lrc
    Sassafras River md

Only 13 boats out of the molds. What a share they're not available to build more.

Sadly the LRC was not a big success for hatteras. Maybe they were ahead of their time, maybe too expensive or maybe it was just poor marketing. Either way I have considered them a far better boat than the 15-10s just not the commercial success they needed to continue making them.

I worked on a 2003 46 Viking yesterday. Nice layout and certainly more modern design. The bridge console has a door I can fit through to work under. The ER access from the cockpit is tight but it's a 46. The newer designs of all boat builders should show us whats really missing in our old girls.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sometimes the updates people have done on the older boats are good constructive criticisms of the original older designs.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I looked at the clean dini boat when it was for sale by the repo company. It was solid, but pretty much gutted. For the money they cost, I think there are much better options out there than the hatt LRC, but they do have a good following.
    I'm pretty familiar with the Cleanidini saga. I first was on board in Mystic, CT 12 years ago when Cleani was going at the refit big time. Bank owned and some executive thought the boat could be cleaned up and flipped. That did not work out and the boat sat all torn up for years.

Fast forward to 2016, I owned an environmental remediation company. Got a call to evaluate a boat with mold in Essex CT. It was the Cleanidini project. Interior was still pretty much gutted, another company was hired to just get it seaworthy. Apparently, the boat was now owned by a boatyard in Sag Harbor, NY with visions of putting into charter service.

Now, 4 years later, I would not be surprised if it's somewhere in South America.