Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 65' Long Range Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Watch the video it is really well done
    Thanks for pointing that out as I hadn't paid attention to it. It really does bring home just how great this boat looks!

I've never ran a 65LRC but have to wonder how it would compare to a 70CY which could be had for about half the price. Two different animals, but that's the way I personally would be looking at it. I'll have to admit that I've been giving serious consideration to going the liveaboard route. The boy is going to fly the coop soon, I have those government checks coming in (retirement) with a pension kicking in, so it might just be time to make the move.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I was just over at the Mooring’s office didn’t see your boat.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I actually thought it might get a bit better than 1MPG with that power at hull speed.
    I used to run a 42 Post with 6N’s in it it would burn 20GPH @ 2100 total I think they were 220 hp they may have derated them in the LRC as I see it says 185hp. I wonder what rpm you need to run th get max hull speed?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I was just over at the Mooring’s office didn’t see your boat.
    I'm in the Bahamas. I'll be back...

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I used to run a 42 Post with 6N’s in it it would burn 20GPH @ 2100 total I think they were 220 hp they may have derated them in the LRC as I see it says 185hp. I wonder what rpm you need to run th get max hull speed?
    I posted a comp as my Burger was also Hargrave. I'm a bit heavier and swinging bigger props. Doubt she needs much effort to reach the speed, although sea conditions would need the RPM for speed stability. I could drop even more if I was good with true hull speed versus "My Target Hull Speed"...

Truly a proper yacht. Even the decorating IMHO is spot on. I wonder if this owner is a former owner of the 70 Sportdeck, also "Carry~On" that I sold a few years back, The font and styling of the boat name is identical and the crossed flags on the life rings look very familiar. There are other unique similarities like exterior upholstery color and trim.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 02-10-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

There's drool on my keyboard.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

According to the magazine article in the brochure archives here, it cruises at 9 knots @ 1,400RPM while burning 8GPH total. I could live with that. Did I mention my birthday is in October, and that I'm up for adoption?

Gotta wonder what it would take to buy that one. I keep watching that damn video!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Truly a proper yacht. Even the decorating IMHO is spot on. I wonder if this owner is a former owner of the 70 Sportdeck, also "Carry~On" that I sold a few years back, The font and styling of the boat name is identical and the crossed flags on the life rings look very familiar. There are other unique similarities like exterior upholstery color and trim.
    One of an extremely few number of boats I've seen where I wouldn't change a thing.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Here is another Hatt that someone spent a bunch on.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...yacht-3565259/
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI