Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ladder back Helm Chair Hinges - Where can I buy them new?

I have a teak ladder-back helm chair. The hinges are made of aluminum and are in rough shape. Does anyone know where I can buy the stainless steel hinges?

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC

Re: Ladder back Helm Chair Hinges - Where can I buy them new?

Do you know who made the chairs? Lee'? I would suggest calling Lee's, or blue water chairs and see if they can help you or make something.
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

How about a photo of your chair. or the brand.
    Just about all of the chair companies have used different "claw" and "corner bracket" variations over the years so it will be important to make sure everything matches up.
    If you can't figure out hardware replacement you might try calling Release or Bluewater to see what they have available from trades/refurbs/used, especially since you only need one and not a pair.
    As an example our Release helm seats came off a 1 year old Viking that was sold, new owner had to have white chairs instead of teak.
    And they took my older Release chairs in trade.
    Good time to contact them since it's still boat show season.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Thanks Cricket and Yauchtsmyth for your suggestions.

I have visited Bluewater Chairs and they are looking for used hinges for me. New ones from BW are around $500.

I am trying to find out who makes them and see if I can get new ones a little cheaper. That's what is behind the request for anyone who may know who sells / makes them.

Hopefully I could buy them for less than $500.

By the way I need a pair.

I have been calling around to metal platers and fabricators in the FL area to see who makes them but no luck yet. If I can find a supplies I will let people know.

Thanks,

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC